hud mode... Heads up display

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: hud mode... Heads up display

Postby CSI-Damiano2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:40 am

If you can't open the image, try this:
http://i.imgur.com/EJgdYma.jpg
CSI-Damiano2

HUD Mode for Waze

Postby CSI-Damiano2 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:03 am

Do you want to have HUD Mode for Waze (Waze's screen reflected right side up on your car's windscreen)?
Well, if you happen to use iPhone 4S and above, you can have it for very little cost, as long as your device is jailbroken. Aside from that, you will need a 'sticky pad' to mount your phone on top of the dashboard, and an HUD film for the windscreen (to eliminate ghosting/double vision).
---> Sorry Android users, for the timebeing, only IOS devices can have this feature.
Download Head Up Display Mode app from Cydia, activate, then tap screen rotation lock on the pop-up IOS Control Center. In my case, I use Activator (also from Cydia) to have the feature of double tapping the hour/time icon on the status bar to activate HUD Mode. Then just place your device on the sticky pad and adjust so that the image appears just under your vision of the road forward.
Then, voila, you have HUD mode with Waze! Safer cloudy days/night driving.
Admittedly, this solution doesn't work well in bright daylight, but at least very helpful if you do a lot of night driving.
Enjoy!
http://i.imgur.com/v6dBoFk.jpg
CSI-Damiano2

Postby CSI-Damiano2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:35 am

OK, breaking news!
The wait is over for HUD for Waze.
By January 2017, we should be able to use HUDLY, another projection Head Up Display for both IOS and Android. And this one, at least, already showing in their video Waze application clearly reflected on the reflective transparent panel in front of the driver. Plus more.
So go ahead and find it for yourself.

http://www.gethudly.com/
CSI-Damiano2

Re: Reflection mode

Postby CSI-Damiano2 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:48 am

oronratovitz wrote:I bought online, a device thay holds ths phone while driving and a mirror is pointed at the screen and that way the phone doesn't block my view of the road. but because it's a mirror, what i see is upside down.
Is there any way that the app has a reflection mode for that situations? some navigation apps has that mode.
Pls help

If you are using an iPhone, you can read my solution in page 10.
Or PM me if you need assistance.

CSI-Damiano2
CSI-Damiano2

Postby CSI-Damiano2 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:05 am

You bet there will be a lot of interests from the Waze community, provided you can keep the cost down, unlike other projector solutions which cost $200 plus. Like I said, I'm using a simple $15 dash mounted reflector/phone holder and using a jailbroken iPhone to reverse Waze image.
CSI-Damiano2

Postby CThusky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 pm

This seems to have gone too long without being addressed by the WAZE development staff. Please make it happen.
CThusky

Postby cubelodyte » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:18 am

Just adding my +1 vote for HUD.
cubelodyte

Postby Danny_2015 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:48 pm

For safety reason, I will start using other app with HUD glass if Waze continue to not have any HUD feature. Why not start with a simple HUD mode with reverse screen .. should not be hard to program I guess? It can save lives!
Danny_2015

Postby DC3Dreamer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:17 am

nzahn1 wrote:You all should probably take your request to the Waze Suggestion Box, I doubt staff will read thru these comments:

https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... isplay-hud

What, then, is the purpose of this section on the forums?
DC3Dreamer

Postby dfw_gis » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:47 pm

GeofF4A wrote:I am among the users who would be very interested in a HUD option for waze, among others, for reasons of driving safety.

The best way to see this idea possibly manifest is to search for the topic and vote on it here - https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... estion-box .
dfw_gis(5)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

U.S. Country Manager - Based in South Central Region
dfw_gis
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests