hud mode... Heads up display

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: hud mode... Heads up display

Postby chriscompo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Would be cool, especially as my daily usage has gone up a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo

Postby ivanachukapawn » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:59 pm

I agree. Please implement HUD for Waze! I the Sygic and Hudway apps are good for HUD but poor for alternative route function. Waze / HUD would be a great combination of functions and result in a near perfect navigation app.
ivanachukapawn

Postby mondaykun » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Agree! please implement HUD mode for waze! Not all the users is using HUD mode so maybe there is a button to switch between HUD & normal mode... to the developer team the user suggestion here might seems few compare to the overall user, but how many of them really take their time to write on this forum about what they think? Nowadays users seldom speak their mind, they just switch from apps to apps which have the function they want. HUD is a trend provided the technology now is able to realised no matter in luxury way or economical way like HUDWAY glass gadget in kickstarter. Waze have an advantage that the HUD apps on the market currently doesnt have, which waze have the latest maps data build up by the users (pave function). By adding HUD mode, waze is unbeatable!!
mondaykun

Postby JeffreyKokSG » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:50 pm

+1 Vote for HUD mode
1) Same reason why all fighter planes use HUD is why majority of drivers will eventually want HUD. (Most just don't know it yet, just like back in 2008, most people didn't know they will want a smartphone) Anyone who used one can probably attest to it.
2) HUDway Glass has raised 500k in Kickstarter, chances are a lot more copycat and cheaper solutions will start spawning out after
JeffreyKokSG

Postby julio75014 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Please add HUD support for Waze, it would be much appreciated!
Thank you
julio75014

HUD-Heads up Display Solution

Postby Ogram88 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:24 pm

I did a lot of searching and I found an app in the Android market to switch the orientation of your phone to help make Waze work with Heads up Display. What the app does is switch your phone screen temporarily to be upside-down and backwards. If you put your phone on your dash it will mirror right side up on your windshield glass. If you were a part of the kickstarter.com buy of the HUD glass stand for your phone it will work even better. This way you can use any navigation app as HUD. The app us called " Rotation-Orientation Manager " if you choose the option "Reverse Portrait" that will make your phone like HUD-Heads mode.
Ogram88

Windscreen projecting future.

Postby ilya963 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:38 pm

It will be very nice to have an option revert navigation image for displaying it on windscreen
ilya963

Display Mirror (HUD)

Postby tmd63 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:16 am

I would like to see a feature under setting on the app where you can reverse the display so that everything is backwards.
This can then be used when traveling at night and the phone can be placed flat on the dashboard, allowing the display to correctly display like a HUD on the windscreen making the app safer to use.
There are apps at the moment that display speed, or even nav apps that display in HUD form, so this would be a useful feature.
Waze Map Editor, Sichuan China Area, Malta and North Korea Manager.
https://www.waze.com/user/editor/tmd63
[ img ]
tmd63
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby clavoxidado » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:25 pm

I would like a HUD (Head-Up Display) option.

Me gustaría la opción HUD (Sistema de Información en Parabrisas).

Thanks/Gracias
clavoxidado

Postby CSI-Damiano » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:31 am

SOLVED!!!

I'm already using Waze in HUD mode in my car for a few months now.

I simply jailbreak my iPhone, install HUD Mode app, and voila... real time HUD Waze on my windscreen! I use Activator app (also from Cydia) to activate HUD Mode (just by tapping and holding the Status Bar for 1 second), and everything is flipped/reversed, then I just have to put my iPhone on top of the dash (right in my line of sight, but a bit lower so as not to distract my vision of the road).

I use a washable sticky dash patch for gadgets to hold the phone in place securely but easily removable. And to enhance the reflection on the glass, I put a special HUD patch (8 inch) on the glass (got it online), which make it much easier to read Waze information, especially at Dawn/Dusk. Well, I'm telling you it is still pretty useless during the day (I use a magnetic holder suction-capped to the top of the glass for daytime driving), but in the evening, pure bliss. So much easier on the eyes, with a much farther focus, and with just enough brightness so as not to distract when the road is too dark. I can see clearly all the display in Waze screen, including Time (which is very tiny). As for on-screen traffic info, well, you can't read them safely anyway while driving.

As far as I know, this is the best solution for those wanting HUD mode for Waze, well, that is until Waze programmers decide to throw in this feature anyway.
Unfortunately, AFAIK also, I can't find similar app for Android, so for the time being, this is just for iPhone users (who are willing to jailbreak). Sorry.

Cheers,
Damiano Roosmin
Jakarta - Indonesia
CSI-Damiano

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests