Accident Not There

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Accident Not There

Postby CBenson » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:38 pm

I would really like to get the same popup for accidents that you get for police and hazards. Currently, there is no way to indicate that an accident is not there. Seems like there ought to be some way to indicate that an accident is no longer there, so it can be removed from the map.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Accident Not There

Postby notgreg » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Good ideas. I'd also like an undo/fix option for things I've done (everything) -- for example, if I accidentally hit the thumbs up on a wrong item because another popup replaced the first one. Or let's say I reported a vehicle stopped on the side but looked in my rear-view mirror and saw the car driving away. It could be a simple Undo button that would appear at the bottom of the screen for about a minute or two after sending a report. Specific time details may be unnecessary to discuss as I'd also like to change the setting in the options menu for how long the undo button would appear (0 seconds/ no undo - 3 minutes for traffic heavy/slow roads) and how many actions it would remember and display at once (0-3).
notgreg

Postby Riamus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Agreed. I haven't come up on an accident other than one I marked myself, so I don't know how it displays. If it doesn't give the not there option, then it should. I'd also like the option back to allow marking not there on hazards/etc. that are on the other side of the street and those that you've either accidentally closed the popup or another popup forced the first one to close. Once closed or when it's not on your side of the road, the not there option isn't there when you click on the icon. Just the thumbs up and comment buttons are there. I tried marking a police car on a two-way road as not there, but the option wasn't available.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Postby Riamus » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:40 am

I've been caught with that as well... hitting thumbs up or not there right as the notice changed to the next one and then having the wrong thing marked on it. An undo would be very handy.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Return to Waze App Feature Requests