Better police marking: Moving or standstill

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Police Next to me feature?

Postby ROCNDAV » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:18 pm

Is there a possibility of adding a "Police next to me" feature that can be toggled off if the police or the driver get off of the freeway (or otherwise separate from each other)?

I know people currently just press the police visible notification, over and over, but it would be neat to just post it once and have it use the wazer's location as the actual police location.
ROCNDAV

Re: Better police marking: Moving or standstill

Postby SpeedWade » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:00 pm

I concur that a "moving" vs "stationary" marking of police would be a lot more useful than "hidden" versus "visible".
SpeedWade

Re: Police traps

Postby TerrellSmith » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:23 am

I agree. I found that when using voice commands, Waze reports a Police Trap, even though it may just be an officer directing traffic and not a "trap". So for police, I've gone back to reporting using the buttons.
TerrellSmith

Police reports

Postby usa_h1esakoe » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:40 am

1. It would be helpful to be able to know, and to report, whether police are moving or stationary (maybe instead of visible/hidden?).

2. Previous police reports are characterized as "police 'traps.'" They're really rarely "traps." Can that wording be changed?

Tks
usa_h1esakoe

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests