Send a location via Waze app

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Send a location via Waze app

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 am

Having a message drop directly in their inbox is a great idea.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.1 | Waze v3.7.9.925
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Send a location via Waze app

Postby DuncanWatkinson » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:26 pm

I often want to send my current location or destination to a friend, who is currently driving, or not left yet, so they can navigate directly to join me.

With the Waze app, using Send/Send a Location/My Current Location/ I get the option to send via text, email and a whole list of other options, but 'Waze' is not one of those, which doesn't make sense when I want to send a Waze link?

Is there a reason why Waze is excluded, as to send the location via the app would be received directly by the recipients app and could display a banner to say 'user XXX has sent you their location / destination. Navigate there now?' rather than them having to check their SMS/email/WhatsApp etc

Cheers
Dunx
DuncanWatkinson

Return to Waze App Feature Requests