Lane Closures

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Lane Closures

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:18 pm

ArtVictorP wrote:Or you could use the voice-command button to enter the description. :geek:

I do that quite often. Speech-to-Text is available on most phones today. Also, Waze allows you to record your actual voice and attaches it to a report (report must be started manually). That's a great way to get a lot of detail across quickly. I think people should use this more often.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby alextheberge » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:29 am

AndyPoms wrote:You can add a description to your reports. I routinely add things like "Left Lane Closed", "Right Two Lanes Closed", "Right Shoulder Closed" - and I have quick keys for all of them.

If I am the first to see a hazard and I'm in traffic in a major city I'm not going to spend time typing or getting the voice automation to work for me with my kids yelling. I like hearing the voice responses because they are concise and clear.
A traffic slow-down can be 1-5 miles before the lane closure is noticed in places like the boston area. Even at 10 mph you could rear-end someone fiddling with the phone. The hazard entry could go like this: Hazard, lane closure/pothole/object, left/center-left/center/center-right/right entrance/exit.
This is the same for any hazard. Countless times I've seen "pothole" with no description. My ignorance and the suspense causes me to slow down instead of know where it is. Doing this at night is even better.
It seems the point of this system is to improve safety and keep it simple. The description field is not that used or useful.
alextheberge

Postby AndyPoms » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:18 pm

You can add a description to your reports. I routinely add things like "Left Lane Closed", "Right Two Lanes Closed", "Right Shoulder Closed" - and I have quick keys for all of them.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ArtVictorP » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:57 pm

thelordsmurf wrote:I agree though, there are a lot of quick options but a lane closure seems like a bigger deal than some of the other options.
I also don't like to mess with the GPS much while driving so I'd prefer to have it be really easy to report major obstructions. If it takes 2-3 steps then I feel like I might create the next reportable obstruction!

Or you could use the voice-command button to enter the description. :geek:
Arturo Parrales - @ArtVictorP
Global Champ
Country Manager Ecuador
Rooted S4 i9505 - KitKat - Beta Tester
_________
Nuevas Normas del Foro
Decálogo del Buen Editor
Nuevos editores entrar aquí!
ArtVictorP
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Lane Closures

Postby loqutisss » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:35 am

on waze when when we press the report button we need the option to put in lane closures, as i drive the highway to work everyday, many times they close down some of the lanes and knowing that lanes have been closed down from 6 lanes to 2 would help me greatly. That way I could use another route to get to work, instead of seeing that there may be some traffic on my route but not knowing it is because of closing down 4 lanes. There is nothing more upsetting than sitting in traffic and finding out its because of construction and they closed down all the lanes except one.
loqutisss

Postby loqutisss » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:59 pm

So what would it take to have "lane closures" added to our options in the Waze program
loqutisss

Postby petergaultney » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:29 pm

I agree. A long roadtrip this weekend left me wishing more than once that there had been reports of lane closures ahead of me.
petergaultney

Postby Rebel_Roshak » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:25 am

Id love for waze to have this feature. Would be nice to be able to warn wazers that the motorway ahead is closed in lanes 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 or so on.
Would be really helpful!
Rebel_Roshak

Postby thelordsmurf » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 pm

I agree though, there are a lot of quick options but a lane closure seems like a bigger deal than some of the other options.
I also don't like to mess with the GPS much while driving so I'd prefer to have it be really easy to report major obstructions. If it takes 2-3 steps then I feel like I might create the next reportable obstruction!
thelordsmurf

Postby thelordsmurf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:52 pm

I was looking to see if there had been any progress about this feature request. I still think that if you can report a pothole or stuff like that with buttons, that a lane closure should be a choice. I agree that voice would be nice but my phone isn't new enough to get that to work well.
Any news, developers?
Thanks!
thelordsmurf

Return to Waze App Feature Requests