Better support on multiple lane roads

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Lane ID for Traffic Issue

Postby saronian » Wed May 04, 2016 11:47 pm

I saw this same suggestion posted as a reply in another thread and wanted to give it its own topic.

My entire commute is on 4-5 lanes moving on one direction with frequent traffic issues reported as "traffic incident ahead" or "accident ahead." Adding the lane ID to the report would be invaluable in helping prepare for going around the incident.

Accident or Stall
Sub choice
Blocking Lane 1-2-3-4-5 (checkboxes?)

Currently I look for a Highway Patrol report and hope it lists the lane.
saronian

Lane closures.

Postby jimgeldermann » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:14 pm

In on road hazards it would be nice to say which lane is closed.
jimgeldermann

Lane Closures

Postby callumjp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:55 pm

karlcr9911 wrote:So what if it's a 4 or 5 lane highway, which Waze doesn't monitor number of lanes, how do you report it effectively without adding in multiple taps?

Currently, Waze has no plans to implement a feature like this but you're more than welcome to follow the link at the top to make a more appropriate feature request direct to Waze.

Have numbers instead? E.g. Lane 1/2/3/4. A challenge for Waze's UX team, is it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp

Lane Closures

Postby EthanKnoll1 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Lane Closure option plz
EthanKnoll1

Lane Closures

Postby loqutisss » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:35 am

on waze when when we press the report button we need the option to put in lane closures, as i drive the highway to work everyday, many times they close down some of the lanes and knowing that lanes have been closed down from 6 lanes to 2 would help me greatly. That way I could use another route to get to work, instead of seeing that there may be some traffic on my route but not knowing it is because of closing down 4 lanes. There is nothing more upsetting than sitting in traffic and finding out its because of construction and they closed down all the lanes except one.
loqutisss

LANE CLOSURE

Postby DamnYankeeFrankie » Sat May 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Sometimes the road is open but one of the lanes are closed for construction. Adding LANE CLOSURE &/or ROAD CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC would be cool
DamnYankeeFrankie

Lane assistance

Postby sambamu » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:11 am

Lane guidance.
sambamu

Lane Assist

Postby FuzzySquare » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:37 am

I occasionally find myself driving on roads in towns or cities that I have never visited before and have no idea which of the upcoming lanes I need to be in.

Having Waze say 'take the outside lane at the upcoming junction, then proceed to the middle lane for the junction to ...' would be exceptionally useful.

I have yet to find a SatNav option that has such detailed instructions, but think that it would be invaluable.
FuzzySquare

Improve lane detection

Postby Rich2BRock » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:19 am

Hello!

When I´m driving in Sao Paulo and other bigger cities in Brazil, it is very common that big avenues as the Marginals that has Groups of lanes listed as the main lane "express lanes", sometimes the "center lanes" and common the "side lanes". Each group individually has several ar lanes.
Many times I´m driving on a main lane group and waze does not detect in which group I´m driving, so when It guides me to turn to a street, it may not be possible as I´m in the wrong lane group. Other situation is that many times I can see that one of the other lanes are flowing better and take it, but as waze so far has no feature to detect or allow me to set in which group of lane i´m driving, it may wrongly suggest to other drivers to get the slowest lane, as it will take in consideration that I flowed fast through that lane.
My request was to consider the possibility to allow the used to point on scree when he is driving on a different lane from the pointed in the screen.
Rich2BRock

Highlight turns on map

Postby Brad_David » Tue May 24, 2016 11:26 pm

It would make glancing at the app to figure out which part of a highway fork (as well as other situations) I should be taking easier if the turn part of the route were highlighted with an arrow like Google Maps does.
Brad_David

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests