app option to not update traffic speed or alerts from user

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

app option to not update traffic speed or alerts from user

Postby ControlNode » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:47 pm

I've recently been driving along the highway and see random 23-30mph slow traffics warnings and seen absolutely no sign of traffic, cruising through the area at 60mph and such. Talk to a friends later that I met up with that came the same route and none of them saw traffic but one had to pass a scooter. I know there are more and more people in my area getting 50cc scooters that cannot do 60mph and are the only logical reason for some of these is someone on a scooter is running the app. I think users should have an option to opt-out of providing their info as a traffic consideration if they know than can't do posted speeds. Maybe an option that they are a road hazard and to have a hazard that follows them everywhere on the map as an underspeed hazard.
ControlNode
ImageImage Image
Home Area: Eastern NC
Devices: Samsung GT-I9500 4.4(CM 11)/Samsung GT-P3113 4.4(CM 11)
ControlNode

Re: app option to not update traffic speed or alerts from us

Postby slandrum » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Actually, waze color of the map and the road speed icons seem to be messed up and have been for a while. I think you are seeing really old speed data on the roads. For some reason, the server is feeding bad data to the app.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Return to Waze App Feature Requests