Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby zoltiz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:23 am

I'd love to see where speed limit integration is on Waze's backlog. It'd be an amazing feature to round up my favorite nav software.

Just display to start with, then expand to over limit warnings, customized over limit warnings, etc.
zoltiz

Postby Zatnikitelman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:36 am

If it guessed the speed limit around here, it would "guess" the 65 zones are 75 and the 55 zones are 70. I think the best way if it's integrated is to take user reports. So if I pass a speed limit 45 sign, I can punch a report for 45 and if it's different, it flags it and waits for more updates to that speed, if it's the same, then nothing changes. This would be helpful to define the actual locations of the various speed zones. I would also like to see a temporary speed limit report that requires less additional reports for those times when a construction zone has lowered the speed to 45 for a few hours.
I've learned to trust the ways of Waze!
Zatnikitelman

Postby Zatnikitelman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:56 am

Even if Waze will never show speed limits to the driver for...legal? reasons, I think that Waze should still factor the speed limit into drive time calculations rather than just the average speeds. For instance, I drive pretty close to the speed limit. However, even on days when I hit every single traffic light just right and really don't have to hit the brakes except for the four stop signs on my route, Waze will show my ETA increasing slightly as I travel. If anything, I probably take some of the curves and ramps faster than most do though still at or under the speed limit. The only explanation that makes sense is that Waze is only looking at the average traffic speed (usually 5-10mph faster than me and the speed limit). I'd like to see Waze use the minimum of the two rather than just the average speed. I'm sure most drivers would rather beat their ETA by a few minutes, than miss their ETA by a few minutes.
I've learned to trust the ways of Waze!
Zatnikitelman

Postby zappee » Wed May 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Any plans on adding variable speed limits during different times of the day?
zappee

Postby yeshayal123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:56 pm

i police stopped me for speeding, and i was not.

i was using Waze at that time and waze has my speed that i was driving, is there a way i can download from waze so i have evidence i was not speeding???
yeshayal123

Postby y_like_to_drive » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:16 am

I hope this feature will be finalised and implemented soon in waze. Right now i'm using 2 nav apps (waze and here) specially because here has a lot of updated speed limits in my country and it anounce me if i overpass a limit. I was in Bulgaria in vacation and this feature saves me a lot because they have multiple places with missing speed limit indicators.

In conclusion, i'm voting for speed limit integration 100%
y_like_to_drive

Postby xxSyberproxx » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:51 am

this would be awesome. My old gps had this
xxSyberproxx

Postby XKSpeed » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Speed limit display would be a great feature.

1) Should be accompanied by sound. When exceeding the speed threshold, a "raspberry" sound and/or voice announcing the speed limit. A happy "ding" sound when returning to the threshold.
2) Voice announcement of the speed limit when turning on a new road.
3) Thresholds should be user-definable. Zero, +10, etc. Maybe even -10 and the like as trucks are restricted to lower speeds in some areas.
4) Option to turn on/off display (speed may not fit on smaller screens).
5) Option to turn on/off sound(s).

One note. Variable speed limits are here. I'm still for adding a speed limit display in Waze, but variable speed limits will make it difficult to implement in some places. My area (Atlanta Georgia USA) is just about to turn this on. The story mentions Australia has variable speed limits by lane.

Variable speed limit story:
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/transporta ... 285/nSGPs/

To the detractors, I've used multiple GPS units with this built-in and never noticed a discrepancy between posted limit and what's in the GPS.
XKSpeed
State Manager
State Manager

Speed Limit Colors

Postby WiscHOGman » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 am

Change the Red on Black (when exceeding the speed limit) to Red on White. Red on Black is nearly impossible to read. Keep Speed limit showing at all times, not just when exceeding it.
WiscHOGman

Postby Wertzee » Thu May 07, 2015 5:31 pm

I'm sorry folks that I don't have an hour to read through all ten pages of this thread to make sure I'm not repeating something. But here are my thoughts based on why I came to this thread and on some of the things I've read so far:

1. I'm only interested in seeing the speed limit displayed on my screen, for when I'm curious what the speed limit is cuz I can't remember seeing the last sign.
2. Waze could add this feature but make us activate it in a menu and have us sign an agreement that we agree not to hold Waze accountable if the data is incorrect and we get a speeding ticket.
3. Users could report speed limit signs or click a thumbs up or thumbs down on the speed limit displayed on the screen as we pass the sign, to help determine that what is displayed in Waze is correct. Based on this data Waze could have a "confidence bar" on the speed limit as we drive that indicates the level of confidence Waze has that the speed limit for this section of the road is correct. As the road progresses, if there is not a sign until another 10 miles or so, then maybe the confidence would dip a bit, but jump up again as we pass a new sign that has been reported and "thumbs up'd".
4. If you thumbs down'ed a sign, you would be prompted with a few options... "no sign there" or a list of speeds to indicate the correct speed on that sign. After a number of similar reports, Waze should be able to determine the correct change for the speed in that section of the road.
5. I don't think Waze should have a feature to alert us if it senses we are going above the speed limit. Or if it does, at least make it disabled by default, and/or let us put in a tolerance before it alerts (like 5 over).
6. I like that Waze uses average speed to determine the arrival time. I am amazed how accurate it is sometimes. It should not use speed limit to determine this.

I love Waze and use it 95% of the time I'm on the road! Keep making it better folks!!!

Kevin Wertz
Royalty Wazer
Garner, NC
Wertzee

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests