Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Speed limit feature

Postby a4bolek » Sun May 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Are you traveling same route? Speed limit is work in progress. I has to be set in Waze map editor then verified. It is not available in some areas.
a4bolek

add road speed limit to the app

Postby Ahmedbasharawi » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 am

i think it would be much more helpfull to the users (us) if we can also see the road speed limit in which we are driving at, where it would be more helpfull to avoid speed tickets and know what speed the speeding camera at this road will catches at
Ahmedbasharawi

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby ahotiK13 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:31 am

AliG2605 wrote:A couple of suggestions (for iOS)
1. can we have an option to show the small speed limit indicator at all times but still get the alert at the set point (at speed limit or a certain amount over it - or under).

As mentioned by AliG2605. Please have an option to always display the small speed limit indicator alongside the speedometer. I like the idea of a filling circle (until you reach the max speed) but it's not always clear enough. For example if Im going 70 and the limit is 110. I have to check a couple more times as I approach the limit in order to know what the actual limit is (100, 110 or 120).
So please let me have the small speed limit indicator on the side.
I love the way the alert works (the indicator popping up and the sound alert are really good).

Thanks,
ahotiK
ahotiK13

Postby ahotiK13 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:41 am

It seems this option is only available on Android as for now, thus the confusion on my part. Im running IOS 9.3.5 and Waze 4.11.0.
I guess the option will be available on IOS soon, which is good news.
/ahotiK
ahotiK13

Postby ahotiK13 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:35 am

Are you running Android or IOS? I believe there is a miss mach between the 2 some features are included in one but not in the other and vice versa.
ahotiK13

Postby ahotiK13 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 am

After the latest update it seems that all the speedometer settings are in place for both iOS and Android.
ahotiK13

Re: Display Driving Speed - Color & Contrast

Postby AirSteve2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:11 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but after seeing the speed limit/over-limt for the first time today I'm unhappy with it. Over limit turns the number and the surround Red, and they don't have enough contrast in bright sunlight. White on dark Red or Red numbers on White (vs Red on Black == low contrast) would be better from my perspective.
AirSteve2

Postby AJSmoke » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Simply because users do not have input to make changes when the speed limits change. While traveling, I can't tell you how many times I missed the speed limit sign and had no clue what the speed limit was until I passed another sign, or decided to just go with the flow of traffic, actually have a speeding ticket as a result of the latter.

Even if you don't alert people that they are speeding (opt in/out feature ability), you could still have alerts like you do with car on the side of the road, or police, or debris in the road. Just a single alert that states... 'caution, reduced speed ahead', or 'speed limit increase ahead'.

With user input, this would be the most accurate listing of speed limits around, and could even allow for construction speed limits in certain cases.

In short.... put my vote in to add this feature! ;)
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AJSmoke » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:02 pm

There are settings you can adjust so that you only get the alert when 5% or 10% above the limit. You can also turn off the sound alert and just have the visual indicator.

I would like to see the speed limit at all times. But I had noticed that there was a progress bar within the speedometer that at 100% full you were at the limit. So.... I was able to figure out what the limit was.

Thortok2000 wrote:I like the integration, but it needs some work.

- When driving AT the speed limit, it flashes like it's an error and you're speeding. When I am doing 55 in a 55, it pops up huge, and turns the 55 red, and alerts me that the speed limit is 55. Thanks. I'm driving 55.

- As we all well know, speed can fluctuate as you go up/down hills, or just the gps being inaccurate. My cruise control is set at 55, but I will often go 56, 55, 54, 55, 57, 55, etc. Every time I go down to 54 and back up to 55 again, bam, the popup happens again, loud and proud and annoying. I feel like someone who is actually speeding, say doing 60, would get the popup one time, and after that it'd just be a red 60 with a 55 next to it, and it'd stop popping up. Whereas I, actually obeying the speed limit or trying to, get the popup over and over again, every few seconds. Slightly bother the speeder, but greatly bother the person trying not to speed? Counter intuitive.

Suggested proposal: Have a time limit of, say, 10 seconds, where if you go back under the speed limit again, it doesn't do the popup. Also fix it where going exactly the speed limit doesn't do the popup. Then adjust the size of the popup for how long you have been speeding. So if you're doing 58 in a 55, after 10 seconds it will pop up, and then grow larger and larger and larger until it reaches its maximum size or you go down to 55.

It'd also be handy to display the speed limit even if you're not speeding, just in case you could be going faster and don't realize it.
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AJSmoke » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:49 pm

MGODLEW wrote:I take it you are an android user and not an iOS? At the moment, on androids it only displays when you are over the limit.

iOS is the same way. Only shows when you are over. BUT, if you look in the speedometer, you can see it scale up as you speed up.... 100% of that scale is the speed limit. So for example, if you are going 15MPH, and it is half way... you know the speed limit is at or near 30MPH.
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests