Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Time based speed limits

Postby Gismolo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:54 am

Hi there,
here in Germany we have many roads, where the speed limit varies depending on time. e.g. 30 km/h from 6 am to 8 pm and so on.
Is there a way to take this into account?

regards

Macel
Gismolo

Speedometer readability

Postby SpecializedDave » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:40 pm

I love the new Speedometer alerts but I can't read the speed during the day with sunglasses on, once the numbers turn red. Consider making the background red and the numbers bright white in this case.
SpecializedDave

Speedlimit question...

Postby janmeinecke » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Good morning Waze community!!

I love that app and i took it with me as primary GPS to my Car trip to Florida and back...
It saved me time (better routing than my Garmin) and probably some tickets due to the police warnings...(i also report where and when ever i can)
But...On my trip, i had several times Speedlimit displays, and the little bar around the speedometer filled up, depending to my speed...
Returning to New jersey, that was gone...
So it started looking into the Map Editor to do my duty and add speed limits to give something back to the community...
But the Speedlimits where set where ever i looked...but they are not prompting...
But they did on my trip...
I saw in the FAQ that Speedlimits are not available in some COUNTRIES but US in only one Country...
So i looked in the FAQ again to look for configuration options...but the ones described in the FAQ are not available in my APP...
My Question is...can someone clear my irritation?!
And why is the option not even in my app?
My version is: 4.0.1.1 and i assume it would update by itself like all Android apps do?!

Thx for your thoughts...

Jan

*EDIT1* Thx to Moderator for placing this into the right subject...
janmeinecke

Speed Limits

Postby hardcoretuner » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Add the ability to have a speed limit icon on the screen. As well as the ability for people to report updated speed limits and temporary speed limits for construction zones.
hardcoretuner

Speed Limit Visualization Illegible

Postby ddunn801 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:57 pm

The speed limit visualization on the app is atrocious. If you are like 99.9% of cars and travel above the posted interstate speed limit, your vehicle's speed changes to red on black. Worse, when viewed through polarized sunglasses it is almost illegible. Please fix this. It is a clear sign that Waze did not user test this "feature" in the manner that is would be experienced by the user.
ddunn801

Speed Limit integration

Postby DavidAbarca » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:20 am

Speed average takes in to account, doesn't matter what's the speed limit for the algorithm but the average speed for the segment, most times routes that seem odd or longer actually have a faster average speed, or less average time than a given route that is shorter or seems more logic
Speed limit doesn't work because the average speed of a segment can be slower at a given time than the actual speed limit

Sent from my iPad using Tap
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Speed Limit integration

Postby omba_de » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Yes. It's planned.
And beta releases of the next waze version let divine that they're working on it.
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Speed Limit integration

Postby omba_de » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Please remain seated until waze has reached its final parking position

We're waiting for this for years. And I guess it will take some more of them (or at least weeks/months
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Speed Limit integration

Postby manatani » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:39 pm

I saw that another person had posted a similar request, but I also have a potential solution, and the other topic was locked. Wikispeedia is a non-profit trying to map all speed limit signs in the world. Integrating it with Waze would do two things:
1) it would give the potential to dramatically increase wikispeedia's database, if the functionality were added to Waze to report speed limit signs.
2) it would give Waze the ability to report when posted speed is exceeded.
manatani

Speed limit feature

Postby JA9497 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:36 am

Not sure how, but Friday afternoon I was heading home and for about 30 minutes it showed the speed limit for the roads I was traveling on and how fast I was going. Very useful when in a small town and cops pull you over for going even 1 over the speed limit. The GPS doesn't show the speed limit anymore. Is there anyway to reinable it.
JA9497

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests