Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby ashleyjguest » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 pm

+1 for this request, and the ability to turn it off like the "current speed" feature for those that don't want to use it. As an experienced driver I will alway use my cars instruments to measure my speed and use the speed signs on the road as an indication of the speed limit, but in my opinion this can be a valued safety feature that will assist driver.
ashleyjguest

Postby AussieParis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:40 pm

I know people often drive faster than the posted speed limit, but it is still good to know what the limit is on the road you are driving in. As an additional feature suggestion, you should be able to set an alert that goes off when you are X mph/kph above the posted limit. You can turn this on/off, and also set X as a fixed number, percentage of limit, etc.
AussieParis

Postby B-Stylz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi,
I'm daily on the road and often more than 500 km a day. I'm from Germany and driving through the big cities is a pain regarding speed limits. My integrated GPS in my Skoda is like 3 years old so I switched to Waze. Although I'm still new to this app (5 months) I already did some edits in my home area because I regularly encounter new roads and for me it's an awesome feature.
I hope it's going to be integrated, the people will definately maintain it up to date I think.

Greetz from Germany,
B-Stylz
B-Stylz

Postby BernieStobby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:08 pm

ShadowMasterCM wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
usa_wy1tyzj5 wrote:Look, if Garmin can do it, surly Waze can.

Garmin is wrong about the speed limit most of the time.

Usually because they have outdated data, which is something that Waze specializes in!

Just saying!

Speed limit indication and warning when driving too fast is a must, in my humble opinion.
In France and Belgium, you cannot always recognize what is the current speed limit, if for any reason you've missed the sign. On some highways and roads, the limit changes quite often and without evident reason. This probably is intentional, as speed cameras and controls are rather installed to collect fines than for safety improvement on the road.
My wife has a Garmin nuvi, and the indicated speed limits are exact, almost all the time.
The Wazers could report the current speed limit on each road, or the speed limit signs, as we do for dangers e.g.
If you don't want to hear the alarm, you could disable the beep, and still have a small visual icon on the screen. Or not. This would be quite simple to adjust in the Parameters menu.
Looking forward to this !
BernieStobby

Postby BetsyFordSpicer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:42 pm

My Garmin nuvi lists speed limits, no problem, they are (so far) always correct. Waze is so much more sophisticated in so many ways, can't see why they can't do this too.
BetsyFordSpicer

Postby Bezmen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:13 pm

To see the speed limit is more important than to see the camera speed.
Bezmen
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby billHLol3 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Although it is annoying having a sound notification alert repeatedly indicating when your speed exceeds the speed limit ("SL") on a particular portion of a road, it could very easily be designed that the sound notification alert be in an On or Off status. With the SL shown for the road location where you happen to be at the moment it is very helpful for keeping your speed down and "not getting a ticket" for going over the SL. As has been pointed out by others within this subject, the SL changes as you move along a road going through more and less congested areas. Consequently, when a SL has changed you can miss seeing a SL change indication sign and not see another SL sign for a mile or more. Having the SL always showing on the Waze screen together with your current moving MPH speed (e.g., on the HERE map navigation system) could very easily save a Wazer from getting stopped for speeding.
billHLol3

Postby blah654 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:35 pm

Yes please.
blah654

Postby capbat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:20 pm

I agree that most imported roads already have speeds attache to them. I recently downloaded my latest update to my Garmin and in my area 90% of the roads have speed limits included in them and they are very accurate. It would be handy if in an future version it would be possible to toggle a speed alert when exceeding by a parametrable unit of MPH or KPH above permitted speed. We all live in different locations with different rules and different ways of implementing them. I have notice in a previous post that someone in his region can over speed by 10 to 15mph without any problem. Well is is not so in my region speed limits are enforced very radically and in certain zones the $$ penalty doubles by every 5 kmh. I have also seen in a previous post that it is the responsibilty of the driver to know in what zone he is and to go by the rule. I have often seen ten's of kilometer or miles without any signs, so if you miss the first one, I suppose you have to guess your speed limit. :o
As far as GPS speed not being accurate I disagree I often compare them to my car speedometer and most of the time they are within 2% of the car meter, but then again the car speedometer might be off.

And as it mentioned in previous post if you don't want it, just turn it off.
I Strongly approve of this recommendation. I am using it on my Garmin even thought they don't have the alert yet.

Bat
capbat

Postby ddeconin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 am

+1 for crowdsourcing speed limits and displaying the current speed limit of the segment your driving on. Or at least , speed limit display together with the traffic cams.
ddeconin

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests