Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby wb6anp » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:40 am

I dont think the speed limits in California have been verified yet, atleast the ones near me haven't the limits are there and correct but not verified.
wb6anp

Postby vuwildcat07 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:20 pm

I turned on the speed alerts while I was in Italy. The thresholds were percentages above the speed limit (probably because the speed cameras in that country give a 5% tolerance above the speed limit). However, in the US, using a percentage doesn't work well, as many speed cameras and state laws give a fixed MPH threshold before ticketing. Could Waze add fixed AND percentage thresholds to the app?
vuwildcat07

Postby ViVbe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:18 am

I know it may not be fair to point to another app, but for this very topic about speed limit, I definitely suggest you to test CamSamPlus which is basically the same as the reknowed Coyotte, with a very intuitive interface, and the Plus version (costs less than 1 EUR) can be run as a widget on top of Waze (you can even set it up such that popups only appear when approaching a radar). Both fixed and mobile radars are available, with updates for mobile radars every 5 minutes. I agree their database for fixed cams is not always 100% accurate in rural areas, but very accurate for both fixed and mobile cams on major highways. There's a free version available for testing (but you won't be able to use the widget on top of Waze, although both apps can run concurrently).
ViVbe

Postby ViVbe » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Give a try to RadarBeep app on Google Play. Worth looking at, and does include a radar list for Switzerland (as many other countries). However, their policy for radar list updates is nowhere available...

On the other side, because "Y a pas l'feuu auuuu laaaaaac" you don't need speeding up ;-)
ViVbe

Re: Time based speed limits

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:03 am

Gismolo wrote:Is there a way to take this into account?

No, not currently, but this was requested many times and we were told it was put on the roadmap for the future.
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Speed Limit Colors

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:00 am

WiscHOGman wrote:Change the Red on Black (when exceeding the speed limit) to Red on White. Red on Black is nearly impossible to read. Keep Speed limit showing at all times, not just when exceeding it.

This is an app related feature so I moved your post from the Waze Map Editor section into the correct one. I also merged it in the main thread related to speed limits.
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:50 pm

zappee wrote:Any plans on adding variable speed limits during different times of the day?

Yes, I heard some rumors, but no ETA and no idea if they started to actually work on it or to develop it yet.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 am

DWDP wrote:I would like Waze to alert me when I exced the limit by fixed speed in km/h not a %.
For example in Italy:
a) 10 Km/h - Under this speed Police does not ticket or there is a low fee for minor offense. I want to be alerted only above this.
b) 40 Km/h - Above this limit, speeding is a serious crime and they will rip my driving license. So I want a loud and visible alarm if I ever happen to cross this border!

Fixed speeds in addition to % is planned.

a) That will be available with the planned fixed speed limits
b) Giving a second setting to alert for a higher speed after the first lower alert speed would imply that Waze is giving people tools to allow to be speeding deliberately, very unlikely to happen anytime soon. You should simply slow down and respect limitations after your first chosen speed limit alert, not be able to ignore it and continue speeding until a second one.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.5

Postby vince1612 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:38 pm

BFSEsq wrote:It doesn't look like you can edit the speed limit for a particular road?
That is done through the Waze Map Editor.

BFSEsq wrote:I'd love it if you could see the speed limit on the screen all the time... the little circle with the speed limit shouldn't disappear.
That has been requested before. But as far as I know it's not planned yet.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:56 am

kojak44 wrote:Everyone keeps locking roads at a higher level from previous updates which makes it impossible for roads to be updated to the correct speed or just adding it for that matter. Some things aren't meant to be locked at a higher level and its going to make it more difficult for other people to climb. Either they need to do away with the restrictions/rank or something because Ive found a lot of errors in South Carolina

The locking and rank system is in place for good reasons.
What many new editors don't know is that they can request unlocks to be able to edit what they want. Find your local forum and ask for the segments to be unlocked.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests