Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby AJSmoke » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:22 pm

It didn't for me yesterday, or this morning. It only showed up when I was either AT or above the speed limit. I wonder if the implementation is different for the different areas.

I just toggled (off then back on) my "Show Speed Limit" option.... I'll look to see if it shows up this afternoon on the way home.
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AJSmoke » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:42 pm

MGODLEW wrote:Just confirmed on another iOS device, speed limits display all the time

Just confirmed that it does NOT always show for all of us.
[ img ]

In fact, it only shows when you exceed the speed limit.
[ img ]

I presently have my "When to show alert" set at the lowest level which is "At speed limit" The other choices are 5, 10, 15% above.... there are no options for "always".
[ img ]
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AJSmoke » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:52 pm

MGODLEW wrote:
AJSmoke wrote:
MGODLEW wrote:Just confirmed on another iOS device, speed limits display all the time

Just confirmed that it does NOT always show for all of us.

But what state are you in? Additionally, have you confirmed the road you are driving on has the speed limit added to it in the editor, if not, it won't show a speed limit.

I'm in Washington State. Yes, the speed limit is posted in WME, and verified... I was on the same road for both pictures. only difference is the speed I was going... one below the limit, and one above the limit.
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:24 pm

It is likely coming, but not any time soon. Typically, Waze doesn't implement things they don't feel will impact or be used by >80% of users.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:49 am

usa_wy1tyzj5 wrote:Look, if Garmin can do it, surly Waze can.

Yep, but not really the point.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Speed limit integration in on the way. A speed limit for segments, in A->B and B->A direction is part of the WME data model now, and is under WME beta testing. A feature like this comes to the editor before the app so that data can be filled before the app feature. We do not yet know that how a feature relying on this data will be used in the app. ie. It could be an over-speed indicator, visual/audible. It could be used by the routing server to compute expected speed in the absence of actual speed data on the segment.

Don't expect something the app any time soon, though.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:33 pm

They are working on it. A speed limit feature will be part of a future version. Static speed limits are already part of the map data. Community leaders in various countries have made it clear to Waze that static limits will not be a good answer everywhere. Both app and editor are included in this of course. You will find out more in the next couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AliG2605 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:52 am

The speed limit function has recently gone live in Australia.
A couple of suggestions (for iOS)
1. can we have an option to show the small speed limit indicator at all times but still get the alert at the set point (at speed limit or a certain amount over it - or under).
2. Perhaps offer the option of setting the alert to say 5%, 2% under the limit. Most speedometers read under by close to 5% so as most people aren't driving by gps speedometers they ought to be doing less than the limit...
3. I'd like to get the audible alert even when I've got the voice prompts off. So can we have the options of fully muted, muted voice but not muted speed alert, unmated voice muted speed alert, neither muted.
Thanks
AliG2605
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby alphatauri » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm looking forward to this feature. If you use it wisely, it may be really helpful. I've been testing HERE for a while and I must say this option is really helpful especially while driving in an unknown areas, although there are some discrepancies and errors. In my country you may lose your driving license if you exceed speed limit by more than 50 km/h in towns. 50 kmph may look a lot but, believe me, there are some really tricky places where it's hard to tell the speed limit, a distraction may cost you your driving license. Imagine going 101 km/h and overlooking a 40 km/h speed limit.
:D
alphatauri

Postby amarock85 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:59 am

sph2sail wrote:PLEASE add this to Waze.

+100
amarock85
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests