Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Speed limit exceeded by MPH/KPH

Postby cobra_snake » Wed May 18, 2016 10:01 pm

I need to be alerted when I exceed the limit by the speed, not the percentage of the speed.

Where I'm at, we get speed tickets for the MPH over of the speed limit, not by the percentage.

Also would like a color of:
green for following the limit
yellow for over the limit, but under the alert.
red for over the alert.

Also need a feature to continuously alert me for over the speed limit, not go mute after a chirp that I may not have heard.
cobra_snake

Speed Limit Colors

Postby WiscHOGman » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 am

Change the Red on Black (when exceeding the speed limit) to Red on White. Red on Black is nearly impossible to read. Keep Speed limit showing at all times, not just when exceeding it.
WiscHOGman

Speed Limit and VISUAL indication of being faster..

Postby Chris1-6tian » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:13 am

As well as the 'current speed' option, any way we could have the speed limit of the road we're on placed on the display... and that when we're going over it... it to turn red or something like that..? (not flashing or making any noise.... that would be distracting... just for it to 'hue' to red to show we're, umm... going a little too fast?)

Thanks
Chris1-6tian

REQUEST: Speed Limit Display

Postby cobra_snake » Thu May 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Please show the speed limit.

The segment does have a speed limit, but the app doesn't show me the speed limit until I exceed the speed limit. All the app does is show me a circle of how much I'm approaching the speed limit. This is not very efficient for the user.

How many times to you drive on an unfamiliar road and wonder what the speed limit is? ...before the police inform you.

Wouldn't it be nice to glance at Waze and get the information?

Yes. So now you know what the speed limit is, and you have the option to drive the vehicle at that speed.

Also...
It's also nice that Waze will let you know when you are over the speed limit, and avoid the police. BUT, Waze alerts you by the percentage. 10% at 50 MPH is 5 MPH over the limit, but typicaly police won't ticket you for 5 MPH over. 10% at 25 MPH is 2.5 MPH over the limit, but way too difficult to drive within that margin of error. Solution=speed limit by the amount over the speed limit, not just percentage.

Thanks
Last edited by cobra_snake on Thu May 19, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cobra_snake

Re: Time based speed limits

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:03 am

Gismolo wrote:Is there a way to take this into account?

No, not currently, but this was requested many times and we were told it was put on the roadmap for the future.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby ahotiK13 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 am

After the latest update it seems that all the speedometer settings are in place for both iOS and Android.
ahotiK13

Postby ahotiK13 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:35 am

Are you running Android or IOS? I believe there is a miss mach between the 2 some features are included in one but not in the other and vice versa.
ahotiK13

Postby KTCAOP » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:34 pm

I also have Waze 4.11.0 - in this - speed limits, if they have been mapped and verified on the map - does have an option to always display the speed limit.
KTCAOP

Postby ahotiK13 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:41 am

It seems this option is only available on Android as for now, thus the confusion on my part. Im running IOS 9.3.5 and Waze 4.11.0.
I guess the option will be available on IOS soon, which is good news.
/ahotiK
ahotiK13

Postby KTCAOP » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:16 am

This should now be able to be done through your settings in the latest versions in both iOS and Android.
KTCAOP

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests