Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby ahotiK13 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:31 am

AliG2605 wrote:A couple of suggestions (for iOS)
1. can we have an option to show the small speed limit indicator at all times but still get the alert at the set point (at speed limit or a certain amount over it - or under).

As mentioned by AliG2605. Please have an option to always display the small speed limit indicator alongside the speedometer. I like the idea of a filling circle (until you reach the max speed) but it's not always clear enough. For example if Im going 70 and the limit is 110. I have to check a couple more times as I approach the limit in order to know what the actual limit is (100, 110 or 120).
So please let me have the small speed limit indicator on the side.
I love the way the alert works (the indicator popping up and the sound alert are really good).

Thanks,
ahotiK
ahotiK13

Postby KTCAOP » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:45 am

1) is in iOS for me.

3) You can have the alert mode only on if I remember correctly.
KTCAOP

Postby AliG2605 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:52 am

The speed limit function has recently gone live in Australia.
A couple of suggestions (for iOS)
1. can we have an option to show the small speed limit indicator at all times but still get the alert at the set point (at speed limit or a certain amount over it - or under).
2. Perhaps offer the option of setting the alert to say 5%, 2% under the limit. Most speedometers read under by close to 5% so as most people aren't driving by gps speedometers they ought to be doing less than the limit...
3. I'd like to get the audible alert even when I've got the voice prompts off. So can we have the options of fully muted, muted voice but not muted speed alert, unmated voice muted speed alert, neither muted.
Thanks
AliG2605
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Traveling_Gav » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:12 am

Rajutmus2 wrote:Also need a feature to continuously alert for over the speed limit, with different audio alert options like Sygic app, not to go mute after a chirp which can be hardly heard.

I would like to plus one this. The little chirp is soft and too short. Also the way that you only get an alert once very some period of time is not great. I read in a beta testers thread that some found it annoying that they were getting constant alerts as they hovered about the speed limit but can't this be an option. My suggestion is the length of the alert be variable (eg. 1/2s, 1s, 2s or continuous) and also the length of time between alerts also be variable (eg. always alert or only alert every xx secs)

The actual limit feature is great, especially on Android where you can have the limit up all the time but a more robust audio alert will vastly improve the usefulness.
Traveling_Gav
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby KTCAOP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Unfortunately, no.
KTCAOP

Postby yeshayal123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:56 pm

i police stopped me for speeding, and i was not.

i was using Waze at that time and waze has my speed that i was driving, is there a way i can download from waze so i have evidence i was not speeding???
yeshayal123

Postby n8nagel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Well at some point last week I got an update; I noticed it because the speed limit pop up was now rectangular (US style) no longer round Euro style... went into menus sure enough now I can see speed limit all the time! Thank you Waze for finally getting this right! This will mean a lot less inaccurate/redundant reporting of speed limits from me going forward...
n8nagel

Postby Rajutmus2 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:17 am

As some one had already requested, i prefer these features as priority:

green for following the limit
yellow for over the limit, but under the alert.
red for over the alert.

Also need a feature to continuously alert for over the speed limit, with different audio alert options like Sygic app, not to go mute after a chirp which can be hardly heard.

Kindly consider implementing the same at the earliest.

Thanks a lot.
Rajutmus2

Postby snigehere » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:37 am

I agree here ... please address this issue as its very irritating ... as well as the very poor colour choice (red on black is very bad in any kind of UI) the over speed indicator comes on when you are doing the speed limit - eg limit is 30 and at 30 text goes from white on black to the unreadable red on black - It needs to do this at 31 not 30 ... The big speed limit number pops up so the limit is clear but then goes to the small size which is then too small to be useful.
snigehere

Postby bimmer4WDrift » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:46 pm

The red circle % of limit is fine below it, but please change exceeding it from a % to 5 over - 1/4 red, 10 - 1/2, 15 - 3/4, 20 - full. This should work for both imperial and metric. Right now 10 mph over at 30 is around 1/4 and at 60 barely registers. 20 mph over is less than half; it should be full red at any speed because you'll definitely be stopped if caught.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
bimmer4WDrift
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests