Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby amarock85 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 am

AndyPoms wrote:
usa_wy1tyzj5 wrote:Look, if Garmin can do it, surly Waze can.

Garmin is wrong about the speed limit most of the time.

So what? We are thousands of editors who can correct the day to day limit speeds. ;)
Ignore this so desired option would be an error for me ...
amarock85
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby andriestacq » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Any idea when we can expect the feature, end of the month or rather end of the year, next year?
andriestacq

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes, the other topic was locked for the reasons mentioned above.

Bottom line, the routing engine doesn't care about speed limits, on how fast cars are actually travelling on the roads involved. That's the benefit of using real-time speed info for routing decisions, it will get you there in the shortest time possible.

If Waze started to alert automatically to the speed limit, it would be the first thing I would disable in the app (or if you couldn't, I would stop using Waze entirely) - here in CT the speed limit on the Interstates is 65mph (55 in a few places), but everyone drives 75-80mph on the roads (conditions permitting). If Waze would alert it would be come quite annoying.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:59 am

usa_wy1tyzj5 wrote:Look, if Garmin can do it, surly Waze can.

Garmin is wrong about the speed limit most of the time.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:43 am

MGODLEW wrote:
AJSmoke wrote:
MGODLEW wrote:I take it you are an android user and not an iOS? At the moment, on androids it only displays when you are over the limit.

iOS is the same way. Only shows when you are over. BUT, if you look in the speedometer, you can see it scale up as you speed up.... 100% of that scale is the speed limit. So for example, if you are going 15MPH, and it is half way... you know the speed limit is at or near 30MPH.

This shouldn't be the case, last I knew. Mine still shows the limit all of the time, I might be tied to Beta though. I'll check other phone later.

There is an option to display SLs all the time, HOWEVER it is limited to certain Beta Tester Groups. It is more for testing/verification purposes than anything else.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:13 pm

n8nagel wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:There is an option to display SLs all the time, HOWEVER it is limited to certain Beta Tester Groups. It is more for testing/verification purposes than anything else.

Are there any plans to open this up to editors? say maybe L3 and above can apply to get SL display all the time? Personally I think it should be an option for all, but if for whatever reason it has been decided that that is not desirable, it would still be a valuable tool for editors running WSLSM to know when to report signs and when everything is OK.

I don't know.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby andysb » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:04 pm

I had an old sat nav what had the feature of showing what your average speed is during variable speed area. Waze needs this!
andysb

Postby antlive69 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:13 am

If the speed limits were posted on the Waze app maps it would have saved me a ticket in Mass. I'm used to the Interstates in CT being 65 mph but I was on I-93 near Boston and got nailed ($130 ticket) for doing 68 in a 55(I'm quite sure I wasn't even doing 68 mph but they know an out of stater probably won't contest it) If the speed limit was posted on the Waze map I would have adjusted accordingly to under 65 mph. If it had a warning feature like Navigon has it could have a toggle to shut it off. When I used Navigon I had it disabled because it was annoying most times esp when travelling local roads that I know. That's my 2 cents. Hopefully they will integrate this feature sooner than later.
antlive69

Postby armand916 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi All,
For all those, who (like me) would like to get this missing features, added to Waze, please take 2 minutes, by going there & Vote for this :
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... speedlimit

The more Vote, the higher chance is, to get it..
Thanks
armand916
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby armand916 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Yes....Please implement this useful feature!
armand916
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests