Speed Limit integration  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Speed Limit integration

Postby vince1612 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:50 pm

zappee wrote:Any plans on adding variable speed limits during different times of the day?

Yes, I heard some rumors, but no ETA and no idea if they started to actually work on it or to develop it yet.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby zappee » Wed May 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Any plans on adding variable speed limits during different times of the day?
zappee

Postby vince1612 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 am

DWDP wrote:I would like Waze to alert me when I exced the limit by fixed speed in km/h not a %.
For example in Italy:
a) 10 Km/h - Under this speed Police does not ticket or there is a low fee for minor offense. I want to be alerted only above this.
b) 40 Km/h - Above this limit, speeding is a serious crime and they will rip my driving license. So I want a loud and visible alarm if I ever happen to cross this border!

Fixed speeds in addition to % is planned.

a) That will be available with the planned fixed speed limits
b) Giving a second setting to alert for a higher speed after the first lower alert speed would imply that Waze is giving people tools to allow to be speeding deliberately, very unlikely to happen anytime soon. You should simply slow down and respect limitations after your first chosen speed limit alert, not be able to ignore it and continue speeding until a second one.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DWDP » Wed May 25, 2016 8:24 am

I would like Waze to alert me when I exced the limit by fixed speed in km/h not a %.
For example in Italy:
a) 10 Km/h - Under this speed Police does not ticket or there is a low fee for minor offense. I want to be alerted only above this.
b) 40 Km/h - Above this limit, speeding is a serious crime and they will rip my driving license. So I want a loud and visible alarm if I ever happen to cross this border!

In other European countries the limits follows the same schema.
DWDP

Postby bimmer4WDrift » Thu May 19, 2016 2:06 am

vince1612 wrote:
BFSEsq wrote:I'd love it if you could see the speed limit on the screen all the time... the little circle with the speed limit shouldn't disappear.

That has been requested before. But as far as I know it's not planned yet.

Thinking about it, all of us already have a speedometer in front of us in the dash to monitor our speed. I'm not constantly looking at the app for my speed; I just need to know what the speed limit is at all times; there are PS / mH / MH that don't have soon enough signage after a turn or we've accidentally missed seeing them along the way.

Putting instead the speed limit in a revving green / full at 12 o'clock switch to red highlighted circle makes a lot more sense to me.

Also right now with the gray under limit highlight I can barely tell how close I am, and the small limit notation is almost impossible to read when the phone is far enough away mounted on the dash.
bimmer4WDrift
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Postby RiAleman » Mon May 02, 2016 5:55 pm

It would be nice that the speed and visual speed excess alarm, could be configured in size and location on the screen.
It would also be good if audible alarm Overspeed could be configured as a continuously beep sounding every x seconds while being at a speed over the limit. This is because sometimes the unique overspeed beep is not heard. Great App!!! Thanks.
RiAleman

Postby vuwildcat07 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:20 pm

I turned on the speed alerts while I was in Italy. The thresholds were percentages above the speed limit (probably because the speed cameras in that country give a 5% tolerance above the speed limit). However, in the US, using a percentage doesn't work well, as many speed cameras and state laws give a fixed MPH threshold before ticketing. Could Waze add fixed AND percentage thresholds to the app?
vuwildcat07

Postby janmeinecke » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:31 pm

Thx for the update....
So that explains my confusion...
Have a great weekend!!
janmeinecke

Postby n8nagel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:32 pm

It's being rolled out on a state by state basis. I think the list of states that have been rolled out might even be in this thread, but I can't find it by searching... anyway, it is not all of them yet.

Edit:

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=160

about halfway down the page, post by MGODLEW
n8nagel

Postby vince1612 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:56 am

kojak44 wrote:Everyone keeps locking roads at a higher level from previous updates which makes it impossible for roads to be updated to the correct speed or just adding it for that matter. Some things aren't meant to be locked at a higher level and its going to make it more difficult for other people to climb. Either they need to do away with the restrictions/rank or something because Ive found a lot of errors in South Carolina

The locking and rank system is in place for good reasons.
What many new editors don't know is that they can request unlocks to be able to edit what they want. Find your local forum and ask for the segments to be unlocked.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests