Switch to full style
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules

Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).
Topic locked

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 am

I agree it would be nice to have more custom options. Red light cameras are a good example. The big fat alert blocks out the road and intersection every time there's a red light camera. Everyone should be stopping so I'm not sure it warrants an alert message. Nice to see the icon on the map, but don't blot out 1/3 of the map for it. That would be like having an alert that one shouldn't cross the double yellow line.

Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 am

[quote="maschked"
It is impossible for me to listen to a podcast (using Bluetooth) without being interrupted every three minutes by a blaring, " WATCH OUT! Vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead!" that is way louder than my podcast volume!.[/quote]

There is a volume setting (settings/sound/app volume). Have you tried lowering that to keep from getting blasted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:40 pm

I've been reading back on this issue in this and other threads.

The red light camera notifications are annoying. I live in an area with a lot of them. They pop up and obstruct the navigation.

This has been annoying hordes of people for over a year now. How is it this hasn't been fixed?

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:16 pm

taco909 wrote:You should be able to shut the camera warning off under display settings.

I tried this feature, and it appears to make the red light camera icons disappear from the map, but it still shows the alert window popups.

So it gets rid of the useful part, and keeps the annoying part. What we need is the opposite.

On a larger screen, its more of an annoyance. But I pity the poor folks with smaller screens who can't see where they are going because they are getting a million notification popups ever time they go through a intersection or it is foggy/raining/snowing outside.

Alerts

Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:44 am

Is there a way to only be alerted for police and not every car broken down on the side of the road?

Thanks

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:51 pm

I was searching for this and came across this thread.

Has there been any update in the past year. I almost turn Waze off because of the insane notifications.

I don't really care if a vehicle is on the shoulder. I'm four lanes over driving 80 MPH, along with the others. The "alert" is actually a distraction. Like others, I will often pass ten or twenty cars on the shoulder during my 20-mile commute to and from work. If I were driving a two-lane country road it might be helpful, but not on a ten-lane freeway or six-lane street.

In the below snapshot, I was driving about 60 MPH on an eight-lane freeway and was in the third lane over when I got the alert. The fourth one I'd gotten in about as many minutes.

[ img ]

I agree with the Red Light camera alert also - most intersections have a red light camera. If the light is red, I stop. I don't need an alert to tell me this.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Nice to see others having the same issue.

I had one pop up this morning. I was five lanes over from the shoulder and couldn't even see the vehicle stopped.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Circling back around on this...

I did find a process to disable certain notifications. However, it still insists on telling me every <insert expletive here> vehicle stopped on the shoulder.

I received an alert yesterday. Since I was cruising along in fourth gear towards LA, I decided I had plenty of time to snap a picture and the alert.

So, here's the alert...

[ img ]

...and here's what I could see of the vehicle stopped on the shoulder five lanes over...

[ img ]

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:23 pm

I'd love to see an option to disable weather too. Whether it is by breaking out each notification individually, or if they just gave a weather option since it seems to be a big point of annoyance. Waze is unusable in the San Francisco area for me, because whenever it's foggy (always) i get notifications about fog every 2 minutes

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Just adding one more emphatic vote for the ability to customize alerts. I drive commute on a major highway in alerts-only mode, and there are inevitably 2-6 cars stopped on the shoulder in each direction every day. I'm often listening to an audiobook, meaning I have to rewind 30 seconds every time this happens, which actually translates to a fair amount of lost time and a whole lot of annoyance every day. The highway has an enormous shoulder, and those cars have no impact on traffic. Would really really appreciate the ability to turn those off while still getting other alerts.

Thanks!
Topic locked