Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby taco909 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:32 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
ThomasPfau wrote:Also, why does it tell me 'accident reported ahead' but doesn't pop up the notification telling me where? I have to go through the all reports page to find out. Makes no sense.

I believe the Accident Reported Ahead audio without the visual alert is something that is triggered in advance of the 0.5 Mile distance usually being triggered. I hear similar warnings for Traffic Slowdown Ahead in advance of the 0.5 mile distance.

Then when I get within 0.5 Miles of the accident or traffic I get the typical alert unless the traffic or accident is gone by then. I have not studied it enough to confirm all the details around this operation though.

I have not been getting the visual alert since 3.9.0.0... even when announced at 0.5 mile (based on the visible police alert and the map alert icon locations).
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:21 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
taco909 wrote:I have not been getting the visual alert since 3.9.0.0... even when announced at 0.5 mile (based on the visible police alert and the map alert icon locations).

I noticed in your prior reply as well that you are seeing something I had not realized changed from before. It makes sense now that I seem to be getting it more often.

As for multiple warnings on the same incident, I am not seeing that on iOS.

Lucky.

I'm still occasionally seeing reports with the "+3" tags, but the multiple verbal alerts is a major annoyance.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:43 pm

bluenoise wrote:In the Sound settings menu, show a list of all alert types and put an On/Off toggle next to each type. That way, I can scroll down the list and turn off any alert type I don't want to hear.

We have this, but "Vehicle on shoulder" is included in the generic "Alerts" category and can't be removed without removing all "alerts"
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:26 pm

I-Hate-Traffic wrote:Another down side of the newer way is I don't have an accident Not There button to let drivers behind me know it's been cleared up.

Thank you.

With 3.9.0.0 I lost the visual accident alert... just getting the audible with a pulsing blue "bulls eye" over the incident.
Tap it - Minor Accident, reported by CHP 5.3 hours ago.

I've forwarded these concerns to our RC. I know many things are going to be discussed in New York on the 21st... I hope this is one of them.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:12 am

ooMikeoo wrote:
maschked wrote:
It is impossible for me to listen to a podcast (using Bluetooth) without being interrupted every three minutes by a blaring, " WATCH OUT! Vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead!" that is way louder than my podcast volume!.

There is a volume setting (settings/sound/app volume). Have you tried lowering that to keep from getting blasted?

His point is not the volume... his point is the needless frequent interruption of BT audio for bull squirt alerts that are NOT actual hazards on the road.

You can't shut off audio for all alerts without shutting off navigation audio. You get everything, alerts only, or nothing.

You can shut off police, accidents, traffic jams, hazards, and road constructions.
You can't disable "vehicle stopped on shoulder" without also disabling "object on road ahead"

It is so bad that I don't even try to listen to music while Waze is running.
Last edited by taco909 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:10 pm

wvuviv30 wrote:agree... I always click "Not There".

Please only do this if it truly is "not there" or is not a hazard (such as the truck parked 50ft to the side burning resting hours). I have to admit that I am often tempted just to slam "not there" on the 4th accident/police alert for the same location... but please wait until you are close enough to verify.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:54 pm

You should be able to shut the camera warning off under display settings.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:51 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
taco909 wrote:You should be able to shut the camera warning off under display settings.

I have not tried disabling them in the past, but I only see the Speed Cameras. Does that entry cover both speed and light cameras?

Should. Same report option works for both.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:57 pm

BRNALL4 wrote:Still clicking not there to all the annoying vehicle on sholder, fog, rain (it's fing Seattle, rain seriously???) alerts. :)

I suggested to one of the local champs that a great enhancement would be to disable the weather alert button on any mobile device that has not spent at least one summer in South Texas and one Winter in the Northeast.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 pm

hebermc wrote:We need a Waze Plus, whenever we ask this stuff to the Waze staff they say they dont like to "complicate" the app with more options.

And included in this, a "no ads" version.
I'm having severe lockup issues and EVERY TIME it locks up it's on one of the stupid pop-ups... usually the "have you seen" poll, that's a guaranteed lockup, but occasionally the 76 ads will lock it up.
These are hard lockups... I can tap "back" about 20 times and finally get the "not responding" window so I can report it, but I have to go to task manager and do a force-close, then reopen the app (and I then immediately send logs).
It's bad enough that it happens at all, but this is an app to be used when driving, and I have missed turns because I have not noticed that it locked up after I completed the last turn, then I can't report it, shut it down, and restart it while driving, which is MAJORLY inconvenient when on the freeway.

I would gladly pay $20 for a version of this app without the popups.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests