Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby bluenoise » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:59 pm

taco909 wrote:
bluenoise wrote:In the Sound settings menu, show a list of all alert types and put an On/Off toggle next to each type. That way, I can scroll down the list and turn off any alert type I don't want to hear.

We have this, but "Vehicle on shoulder" is included in the generic "Alerts" category and can't be removed without removing all "alerts"

Looking through the iOS app, I assume you're describing what's shown in "Settings>Display Settings>Show on Map." That's similar to what I'm describing, but I'd like it on a separate page with every single alert type available to be toggled, perhaps under "Settings>Alerts."
bluenoise

Postby bobniqu » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:58 pm

For the Galaxy S5 at least, you go to Settings, Quick Settings, Sounds and Notifications, Application Notifications, scroll down to and tap on Waze, then in the "Block" box, move the button from Off to On. Note: You can do this for any application.
bobniqu

Postby BrbnMn » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm

This is one of my biggest complaints. I don't care about vehicles on the shoulder...at all. I would love to be able to turn off that notification. On my way to work, I pass a dozen cars on the shoulder every day. I DON'T CARE! Stop taking my attention away from the road to tell me about something that isn't really a hazard. I've started hitting "Not There" just to get rid of the alert and clear some of the clutter on the road display.
BrbnMn

Postby BRNALL4 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 am

Add me to the list. Until we get this feature I will continue hitting not there for all the vehicle on shoulder and weather alerts.
BRNALL4

Postby BRNALL4 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Still clicking not there to all the annoying vehicle on sholder, fog, rain (it's fing Seattle, rain seriously???) alerts. :)
BRNALL4

Re: Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!

Postby buschman007 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:36 pm

I was justing coming on to see if there was a possibility to remove some warnings, or like the OP said, everything but Police. that's really the only one I care about. Possibly... object on road if there was a way to granularly select and deselect warning options.

The vehicle on the side of the road or foggy weather warnings every 5 miles are unbelievably annoying. This seems like such an easy option to add. It seems like if you just listed the major warning types and added an audio toggle switch next it it people could customize their Waze experience to give them the notifications they want and the app doesn't end up annoying them. Also if we could toggle the alert banners as a separate or combined effort with the audio warnings. I don't want vehicle on the side of the road or foggy weather alerts taking up navigation realestate. It's very annoying.

Hope Waze updates their apps and adds this feature in.
buschman007

Postby ChrisHabu » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Would like to add my support for the ability to disable the various alerts and hazards that I want to get rid of. The "car on the side of the road" alert is annoying.
ChrisHabu

Turn off weather notifcations

Postby cobra_snake » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm pretty tired of getting a ton of notifications that's there is rain or fog.

I want to turn those alerts off, and not show them on the map!

And nothing is more annoying when you are driving in pouring rain, at night, lots of weaving traffic, coming up on your turn, and a big alert comes up to tell you it is raining, and the alert blocks your display map turn. Miserable weather and driving in traffic is distracting enough!

Anyone else agree?
cobra_snake

Postby cobra_snake » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Yeah, really tired of receiving pothole alerts and fog! Same with a vehicle parked on the side of the road that isn't interfering with traffic. Plus my screen is cluttered with alerts that aren't on my route, and I don't care about those things that aren't relevant.

The alerts are very disruptive. I might be talking on the phone. Might be listening to the music. Might be having a conversation with passengers. Typically I'm listening to an audiobook for a course I'm taking, and really don't like frivolous interruptions.

This is so important to me, and I presume others, that I just mark all the annoying alerts as "Not There". Don't want me doing that? Then don't alert me of garbage. And don't award points for annoying alerts.
cobra_snake

Disable pothole alerts

Postby cobra_snake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 pm

I really want to disable certain "alerts" that aren't important.

I don't need to be alerted to every single pothole along my daily commute. I'm very annoyed hearing about the same pothole over, and over, and over, and over again.

Same with vehicles stopped on shoulder. If a vehicle isn't impeding traffic, I don't want to be alerted.

To me there's an obvious alert priority. There's a big difference between an accident and a pothole. Accidents I want to be alerted about, potholes I don't. Especially when the road ALWAYS has potholes.

Ideally I could choose to ignore alerts on road segments. I could choose to ignore potholes on a particular road, but get alerts of potholes on other roads. Same way with traffic cameras. I don't need to keep hearing about the same traffic camera on my daily commute. Rather ignore the ones I already know about, and just get new alerts...instead of disabling all traffic cameras.
cobra_snake

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests