Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Postby f3506 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Add me to the list of those who hate the car on shoulder notification. Even if you turn off hazard notifications this still shows up. I see this useless message 100 times a week. It's enough to make me start looking into other apps. I'll trade all my waze points for the ability to be able to turn this off.
f3506

Postby FGT1621 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:59 pm

"Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!"

Please Please Please give us a way to turn this off without turning other notifications off.

What do I have to watch out for? I'm not driving on the shoulder.
FGT1621

Shut off specific alerts?

Postby flyingmule » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:44 pm

I want to be able to shut off certain alerts without shutting off all of them. Would wager most users feel the same. In my particular case, I want to kill the 'Car parked on shoulder' alert. This is useless info that wakes or annoys my passengers. Perhaps someday when I become too crappy a driver to keep my car off the shoulder, I will change my mind. Until then, please help me out!
flyingmule

Postby FrequentTravell » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:00 pm

It would be really great to be capable to DISABLE alerts selectively.
When i put sound on, I am permanently warned when there is a car stopped on the road or holes in the ground. Too many alerts for me whereas i would like to be capable to select only some specific ones.
Would it be possible to develop a new feature for which we could either disable some kinds of alerts OR disable the sound alert of some of them and only the one user wants?

thank you a lot !
FrequentTravell

Postby GeekySmurf » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:55 pm

woodjb wrote:This is one of my biggest complaints. I don't care about vehicles on the shoulder...at all. I would love to be able to turn off that notification. On my way to work, I pass a dozen cars on the shoulder every day. I DON'T CARE! Stop taking my attention away from the road to tell me about something that isn't really a hazard. I've started hitting "Not There" just to get rid of the alert and clear some of the clutter on the road display.

So because you dont like it you are going to lie about the situation which means others may not get the alert they want?

I think the feature request is reasonable, but on the other hand you can ignore when it says announces.
GeekySmurf
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby GooglesHerbie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:19 pm

I agree, we should have the option to disable those notifications.
GooglesHerbie

Postby Gunuku » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:22 pm

I hope this stays on their radar. I have to keep audible notifications turned off because of the asinine vehicle on shoulder "warning".
Gunuku

Postby h982500 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 pm

Wasted a lot of time searching for how to disable those (many) cars "on the shoulder" notifications until I found this thread. So add me as a new Waze-user but rapidly annoyed by these improperly reported "hazards." Yes to disabling car on the shoulder alerts, yes to disabling weather alerts (if I didn't constantly look at the phone alerts, I might notice the water on the windshield or fog obscuring the other vehicles), and yes to a fourth level of audio alerts. Thank you all for voicing my concerns before I had them! :x
h982500

Postby hebermc » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:25 pm

We need a Waze Plus, whenever we ask this stuff to the Waze staff they say they dont like to "complicate" the app with more options.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM Recife - SM Pernambuco - CM Brasil - Links importantes
"He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from the next freeway exit"
hebermc
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby hofstrajet » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:50 am

I agree with the request to disable individual notifications. I too do not want to hear about every car on the side of the road or rain up ahead. I do want to know about police and traffic though. Please consider adding this under Advanced Settings as many will not want to bother with this level of detail. But it would be nice for those of us who do. Thank you.
hofstrajet

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests