Switch to full style
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules

Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).
Topic locked

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications

Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:51 am

Ticket #20 has been submitted to Waze for review.

Re: Would like to disable individual in-app alerts (reports)

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 am

Your voice has been heard! Waze will likely support the ability to turn on/off notifications for individual alerts sometime this year.

How to stop notifications

Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to stop notifications like "police check point" or "hole in the street" or "car stopped on the right side of the street".

Is it possible to get just the routing without notifications?

Cheers!

Ps: I am sorry, I don't speak very well English ...I hope you understand what I am referring to!

Re: Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Pursuant to the forum rules, please search before posting.

There is a very active discussion about this topic already.

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=657&t=72747

Re: Watch Out! Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead!

Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:28 pm

LKayR01 wrote:I personally appreciate all the warnings.

I understand that you find them valuable. Many of us aren't asking that the warnings be removed-- we're asking that we be allowed to turn them off as an option in the app.

That way, those who like those warnings can have them. Those who feel they don't need them can turn them off. Everyone wins!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:49 pm

+1

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:40 am

Here is another vote for the ability to filter out (disable) the "car on shoulder" and weather alerts. We have a fairly expensive phone and yet my wife and I argued yesterday about whether to smash it with a hammer (me) or simply throw it out the window (her) on the c. 40th "watch out" for a simple vehicle pulled over onto the shoulder. We both agree that Waze is very impressive, with many world-beating features, but please lose the pointless alerts.

Re: Would like to disable individual notifications (reports)

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:10 pm

I live in NJ. There are always cars on the shoulder, potholes, and construction zones every half mile. Our transportation infrastructure is basically Berlin in 1946. I don't need my navigation app interrupting my audiobook every other sentence to remind me of this fact. Nor do I need to be told that there's rain ahead when I've been driving in the rain for over an hour. All I want to know is when to turn and when the cops are hiding around the next bend.

I was very hopeful that 4.0 would finally give us granular alert control, but sadly it's still nowhere to be found. 173 requests for this simple, common-sense feature going back over two years and still we get nothing. It's like you're pushing me away into the arms of google maps.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 pm

I badly want this feature. On a road trip the vehicle stopped of shoulder alerts are never ending and unneeded.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:24 pm

keefmckay wrote:The pointless alerts drive me nuts. Looks like there are plenty of others who feel the same way. It seems like I can't drive for 30 seconds without a pop-up. It's distracting and annoying. We need a way to disable the alerts (just show the icon on the map), or better yet selectively disable alerts. Alert fatigue is by far the worst aspect of Waze, an otherwise great app.

"Vehicle stopped on shoulder." Ugh. I've seen this one hundreds (if not thousands of times) and it's never important. People just love reporting them for internet points. The weather ones don't come up nearly as often, but I have no idea why Waze thought they were a good idea. It's foggy? Thanks Einstein, I didn't notice! I always click "not there" for those out of spite.

I agree, and I also hit "not there" not out of spite, but because I sincerely believe most people are able to recognize that it is snowing, but would prefer not to have to push a button to remove the alert from the screen while they are sliding sideways down the road. Also, most people don't bother reporting their frustration to the publisher. Waze, I'm begging you; if I want to know if it's raining, I'll stick my head out the window.
Topic locked