Request:Turn off navigation prompts by voice  Topic is solved

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Request:Turn off navigation prompts by voice

Postby chaos888 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:17 am

Like the OP, I would prefer the ability to make the change using a voice command rather than take my eyes of the road to adjust a setting. It's safer.

I routinely find myself changing the audio settings especially since 95% of the time commuting on roads that I know. I did run across a problem yesterday where I had it set to Alerts Only but wasn't alerted to a route change and missed a time and stress saving turn.

MGODLEW wrote:This is someone you should probably change or setup before navigation or while your vehicle is stopped. It is unlikely Waze will look to implement a voice command for this function since people don't generally change the setting mid-route or while driving.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5s using Tapatalk - now Free
chaos888

Request:Turn off navigation prompts by voice

Postby lloyd_a » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:21 pm

For a large portion of my journeys, I don't want turn by turn guidance by speech. It would be good to disable/enable audio instructions by voice - I don't really want the distraction of doing this on the screen.

Lloyd
lloyd_a

Postby lloyd_a » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Sorry, but that has not solved my question. I know about tapping the screen, and that is exactly what I do not want to do. I want to keep my eyes on the road and use voice commands to achieve the same effect. Please don't mark this as resolved because I don't think it is.

Lloyd
lloyd_a

Postby lloyd_a » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Perhaps because it is too difficult to change safely.....
lloyd_a

Postby lloyd_a » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 pm

chaos888 wrote:I routinely find myself changing the audio settings especially since 95% of the time commuting on roads that I know. I did run across a problem yesterday where I had it set to Alerts Only but wasn't alerted to a route change and missed a time and stress saving turn.

This is exactly the sort of scenario I'm thinking of. Start a journey somewhere that I don't know, and where traffic may be an issue, so want voice directions. But don't want/need voice directions as I get into friendly territory, and use the back roads to get home. I have the navigation interrupting my radio over the car speakers, and I'm willing to accept the occasional annoyance of Waze interrupting an interesting conversation to give me a needed turn direction - I'm not so happy about it interrupting to tell me about a route I drive daily, or that I have almost arrived 'at home'. And more importantly, nor is the wife. ;)

Lloyd
lloyd_a

Postby MGODLEW » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:22 pm

You already can do this. Tap the Waze icon in the lower right of the screen, then in the upper left, tap the speaker icon
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby MGODLEW » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 pm

You're welcome, If you wouldn't mind changing marking this request "solved" via the forum to alert others that would be appreciated.
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby MGODLEW » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:14 pm

This is someone you should probably change or setup before navigation or while your vehicle is stopped. It is unlikely Waze will look to implement a voice command for this function since people don't generally change the setting mid-route or while driving.

MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby MGODLEW » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Not necessarily, mainly because people probably either already know how to get where they are going but like to receive route information or just alerts along the way.

MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: Request:Turn off navigation prompts by voice  Topic is solved

Postby morrispavilion » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks! -- that was not intuitive... I hate unlabeled icons. (Just spent a while trying to figure it out; and Waze's own help page for that topic doesn't seem to be working!)
morrispavilion

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests