Request:Turn off navigation prompts by voice  Topic is solved

Discuss here any NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App,please read the thread called "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" just below before posting in this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Discuss here any NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, please read the thread called "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" just below before posting in this forum.

Re: Request:Turn off navigation prompts by voice

Postby lloyd_a » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 pm

chaos888 wrote:I routinely find myself changing the audio settings especially since 95% of the time commuting on roads that I know. I did run across a problem yesterday where I had it set to Alerts Only but wasn't alerted to a route change and missed a time and stress saving turn.

This is exactly the sort of scenario I'm thinking of. Start a journey somewhere that I don't know, and where traffic may be an issue, so want voice directions. But don't want/need voice directions as I get into friendly territory, and use the back roads to get home. I have the navigation interrupting my radio over the car speakers, and I'm willing to accept the occasional annoyance of Waze interrupting an interesting conversation to give me a needed turn direction - I'm not so happy about it interrupting to tell me about a route I drive daily, or that I have almost arrived 'at home'. And more importantly, nor is the wife. ;)

Lloyd
lloyd_a

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests