Three improvements for better Waze

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Three improvements for better Waze

Postby chris280 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 am

I second the request for 'Vehicle Stopped on Roadway'. I see it all of the time.

Additionally, I would like the audible warnings to be more specific, so I do not have to look at the screen. At the very least, the audible warning should distinguish between a hazard on the shoulder and a hazard on the roadway.

This may just be my old age, but it looks like the text size in the pop-up warnings in the latest version or two got smaller so it is nearly impossible to read quickly.

Lastly, the Waze icon has never displayed properly in the pull down notification menu on my ancient (3 year old) first gen Droid X, which has a white background.

Otherwise a great app. I use it just about everyday.
aka 'SP33D'

"...speed means freedom of the soul."
chris280

Three improvements for better Waze

Postby DariuszDZW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Sorry for the bad English, but my native language is Spanish

First, let me say that the general concept and the smartphone apps is excellent. The only thing I would change is optimize the use of 3G to save battery... Thank you very much!

There are 3 things I think should be included in the application:

1. No matter if a user reports followed very many things, should leave to report (reports is the heart of this concept), but after a series of reports do not give more points (to avoid giving points in exaggerated form, you can use the present policies of time for this).

2. If the network connection is bad (It is common in places where 3G is not right), does not let me to report! that's not right! as reports is most important and so are lost! It occurs to me, that they are cached in the smartphone and once the network connection is restored, the “cached reports” are sent, as long as the time still makes sense to report (for example, if I reported an accident, report can be sent until 15 min after, the accident will remain in the same place!)

3. Add in the share of dangers, stopped vehicles on the street, not only in the shoulder, as many times the vehicle was stopped at a flow channel and not on the side of the road.

Thank you very much for your excellent work!

Dariusz W.
DariuszDZW

Return to Waze App Feature Requests