Top Hazard Shortcuts  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Add the ability to 'Quick Report' for later options

Postby agbyoung » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:01 am

Hello Wazers!
Sometimes reporting can be dangerous while driving, don't get me wrong, the app has a good way to report quickly and safely.
However, There should be an option to 'Quick Report' meaning. That when clicked, a 'pin' is dropped on the map; When the driver stops or gets to their destination they can fill in the details of there report then.

So if they see a cop or a pothole or construction while driving, they can 'quick report' it (only they see it) then when they stop driving they can go through their 'Quick Reports' and update the details.
Now of course this is only good for a small bit of time. A cop isn't going to still be there if they completed their drive 45 minutes later. However it is good while at a stoplight, or in a parking lot, or at a gas station, and quick drives.

I've always expected an option for this but I thought I'd share. Please leave your feedback and/or tweaks on how this could work. Critisim is welcome, but be nice :)
agbyoung

Re: Preset road reports buttons

Postby ahotiK13 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:15 pm

This is half way there, at least on iOS. If you press and hold, or press harder (for devices with 3D touch) on the orange button, you will get 3 shortcut buttons for police, hazard and accident.
Hope it helps!
/Teo

Later Edit: This has already been mentioned before. Sorry I didnt read the whole thread before posting.
ahotiK13

Re: Quick report toolbar

Postby Ankh-Morpork » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:02 am

ThomasBeckstrom wrote:I think it would be valuable to have a configurable "quick report toolbar" available on the map so that a user could predefine their most commonly used reports ("vehicle stopped on shoulder", "visible police", etc.) and drop them with one tap. This would be helpful because fewer taps means less distraction while driving, and it would take less time to report an event, thus improving the accuracy of the map.

I'd love that. I must be a minority as I never see vehicles stopped on shoulders, or police traps. I do see unlisted road works here and there. So a configurable quick report would help a lot
My Waze is having issues with voice commands, so touch-screen reporting is my only option. But as is, I agree with the majority in this thread that there are too many actions. I do not feel I can report safely at the moment, so I don't. :( Tbh, I haven't tried the 'hold finger on report button' trick yet, I just read about that. But then again, I don't want to keep my hands off the wheel for too long. Country lanes driving means I need to focus instead of tapping screens.
Ankh-Morpork
Map Raider
Map Raider

Location: Marmite Central, also known as Burton on Trent, UK.

Re: Feature Suggestion -One Touch Report buttons

Postby Ankh-Morpork » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Dragging the report button to the left is a short cut to a Traffic report. Dragging it to top-left is for Police and dragging it to the top is for Hazards. So that's a few steps eliminated already?

Also, have you tried voice commands?
Ankh-Morpork
Map Raider
Map Raider

Location: Marmite Central, also known as Burton on Trent, UK.

Re: Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby beliving » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 am

Reducing the amount of time I have to look at the phone would be awesome! When I try to report a semi truck's tire tread on the highway, it feels dangerous to tap my phone so many times.

There's no way a person could snap a picture and have the marker be in the appropriate spot. That option is puzzling, perhaps only for reporting standstill traffic? It seems to detract from safely and quickly making reports by adding unnecessary clutter. Perhaps have buttons disappear while driving until the passenger option is selected? Anything more streamlined than the current process, please.

Adding a comment would be perfect while driving, if it could be a voice attachment. Then the voice attachment could play for the hazard warning. It's important information to know where that huge tire tread is, whether the left, center or right lanes. Just reporting the hazard is hazardous enough, without even giving other relevant info. I have greatly reduced the number of reports because of the excessive clicks, even sometimes not reporting when a person is changing a tire, which such a report would help the safety of the Wazer as well as the tire changer. It's just that making the report feels so dangerous, tapping five times. Like, why do we have to close screens? They should auto close while driving, IMO. The level of interaction that Waze requires in order to help other people is frustrating for me. I don't want to end up being the accident that other wazers have to report.

Please consider reducing the number of clicks to do things. Finishing a report when my 45 minute commute ends is not so useful. Perhaps have shortcuts directly on the screen.
beliving

Re: Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby blah654 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm

The one got me is it only saves the latest report, I some times see 3 or 4 hazards in a row.
blah654

Re: Feature Request - Hazard/On Shoulder/(Button Styles)

Postby brucemathtutor » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:26 pm

As Waze Royalty (rank 3,400) I pack in a ton of miles. "Vehicle stopped on shoulder" is far, far, and away the most common hazard. Next Police Reported ahead.
It takes way t-o-o-o-o many clicks to send these. Suggest a shortcut just for these two.
If texting and driving is an issue - imagine five clicks.!!

I use reading glasses - but nothing for driving. These new buttons are hopeless. The background color is pale pastel and does not highlight the content (the words are un-readable without glasses).
Suggestion: Use / occupy the whole circle with an image / stronger background / and drop the words.
Thank you. WAZE is awesome!!!!!
brucemathtutor

Re: Request for hot keys

Postby bsq64 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes, yes, yes!!! I've been thinking about this for a while now. With a hot button, my eyes are off the road for 2, maybe 3 seconds. Without a hot button, by eyes are off the road for 8 to 10 seconds, or longer if I make a mistake on the keystrokes because the car is bouncing around and I have to go back a step. Because of this I've largely stopped reporting. Hot buttons would RULE!!!
bsq64

Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby DippyDawg32 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm sure we all want to be safe wile using Waze but at the same time help us all out by placing hazard marks and others. But there are too many clicks to drop one down. Why not have the ability for the user to have their top three most used hazards (or other markers) on the screen? You can have the three buttons be able to be defined in the settings somewhere, then they can be displayed on the right side above the 'Report' marker. There should be plenty of room even in landscape mode and in Navigation mode.

Also, at what point dropping a marker does it lock in the location? Is it at the time of clicking the 'Report' marker for example? So that I don't have to rush to click everything else in time? Or is it at the point of clicking one of the other reports (i.e. Hazard, Police, traffic jam, accident, etc.)? I can't seem to dial this in and the marker ends up dropping to late or too soon. I'm sure this is a frustration for others because when I'm notified of something...it's always off from where the incident is.

Anyway, having shortcuts of each user's own most commonly used reports would be great (this is also because the audio recording doens't always work, too, even with earphone/mic). My three common would be Heavy Traffic, Vehicle on Shoulder and Police.

Also, what is the purpose of 'Later'? Why would I want to report anything later? I thought it was a staging so if I needed to use one, but it ended it up dropping it waaaaay back when I first chose it. Hence my suggestion of shortcuts.

Thanks
DippyDawg32

Improve safety by improving reporting facilities

Postby ForestPhil » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:46 pm

It seems to me that Waze could improve safety by improving reporting facilities.

Right now, if I spot a car stopped on the side of the motorway, I, whilst driving at 70MPH, need to

1. Hit the 'report' button
2. Search the screen for 'Hazard' and then tap it
3. Search the screen for Tap 'on road' and tap it
4. Search the screen for Tap 'Vehicle stopped' and tap it
5. Hit 'Send'

I think it would be far safer and quicker to be able to hit the 'report' button and then have the screen fill with a list of pre-chosen types of report (for example, I mainly report potholes, speed limit errors, cars parked in hazardous locations and road closures so would choose to have buttons for those specific functions.).

So it would always be a two-tap process: 'report' then 'pothole' or 'report' then 'park parked on road'.

It would be quicker to report, easier and safer, all because I wouldn't have to go through a serious of different screens which trying to also keep an eye on the road.

Thoughts?
ForestPhil

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests