Top Hazard Shortcuts  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Request for hot keys

Postby bsq64 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes, yes, yes!!! I've been thinking about this for a while now. With a hot button, my eyes are off the road for 2, maybe 3 seconds. Without a hot button, by eyes are off the road for 8 to 10 seconds, or longer if I make a mistake on the keystrokes because the car is bouncing around and I have to go back a step. Because of this I've largely stopped reporting. Hot buttons would RULE!!!
bsq64

Improve safety by improving reporting facilities

Postby ForestPhil » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:46 pm

It seems to me that Waze could improve safety by improving reporting facilities.

Right now, if I spot a car stopped on the side of the motorway, I, whilst driving at 70MPH, need to

1. Hit the 'report' button
2. Search the screen for 'Hazard' and then tap it
3. Search the screen for Tap 'on road' and tap it
4. Search the screen for Tap 'Vehicle stopped' and tap it
5. Hit 'Send'

I think it would be far safer and quicker to be able to hit the 'report' button and then have the screen fill with a list of pre-chosen types of report (for example, I mainly report potholes, speed limit errors, cars parked in hazardous locations and road closures so would choose to have buttons for those specific functions.).

So it would always be a two-tap process: 'report' then 'pothole' or 'report' then 'park parked on road'.

It would be quicker to report, easier and safer, all because I wouldn't have to go through a serious of different screens which trying to also keep an eye on the road.

Thoughts?
ForestPhil

Re: Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby vince1612 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:08 pm

@ForestPhil

Quick reports already exist if you leave your finger pressed on the report button instead of tapping it.
Your description of the steps is correct but you're missing a fact, after you've hit the report button the location of your report is saved, so you do not need to rush in order to make the report. You can complete it and hit send at the next red light or whenever you'd feel it would be safe.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Preset road reports buttons

Postby SDplinker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:10 pm

By far the most common road reports are vehicle on shoulder and police. Rather than having to press the orange report button with a couple more taps to make the choices I'd like to be able to have preset actions - perhaps up to 3 buttons that sit on the home screen above the orange report button.

A police icon
A vehicle icon for shoulder
maybe a preset weather icon
Accident icon
Traffic icon - choose your own preset for heavy, light etc.

Basically if I could report police, an accident and traffic with a single press that would be amazing, take way less time and be much safer while driving.

Thanks!!! Love the product.
SDplinker

Re: Preset road reports buttons

Postby ahotiK13 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:15 pm

This is half way there, at least on iOS. If you press and hold, or press harder (for devices with 3D touch) on the orange button, you will get 3 shortcut buttons for police, hazard and accident.
Hope it helps!
/Teo

Later Edit: This has already been mentioned before. Sorry I didnt read the whole thread before posting.
ahotiK13

One Touch Reporting

Postby Kurzxl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:09 pm

It would be great if we could have two to four user defined one touch reporting buttons. For example, to report vehicle on shoulder, would only have to touch this one icon on main screen instead of having to go through other menus. Give us several icons on main screen and let us configure them. Thanks
Kurzxl

Re: One Touch Reporting

Postby karlmf1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:11 pm

A great idea.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
karlmf1

Re: Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby vince1612 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Please read this thread, quick reports already exist.

[ img ]

If you'd like to make another suggestion please follow the guidelines (see red text box above)
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Feature Suggestion -One Touch Report buttons

Postby Vegetti-- » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:42 pm

I am a heavy user often times leaving Waze on when just driving around. I frequently send road reports in. While we shoudn't be texting and driving we also shouldn't be fumbling through four button presses to send in a road report. Example, Police, Touch 1 - Report, Touch 2 -Police, Touch 3 - Type, Touch 4 -Send.

A suggestion is to place two to three hot buttons above the report button, Either allow them to be programmable or pre-set. I find the most common for me is Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder, Visible police and Heavy traffic. This would reduce the eyes off there road to two button presses.
Vegetti--

Re: Feature Suggestion -One Touch Report buttons

Postby Ankh-Morpork » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Dragging the report button to the left is a short cut to a Traffic report. Dragging it to top-left is for Police and dragging it to the top is for Hazards. So that's a few steps eliminated already?

Also, have you tried voice commands?
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Ankh-Morpork
Map Raider
Map Raider

Location: Marmite Central, also known as Burton on Trent, UK.

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests