Bring back Bing for search results!  Topic is solved

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Bring back Bing for search results!  Topic is solved

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Bing was one of the first "casualties" of Google purchasing Waze. I don't think we or Waze can do much to control this.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Bring back Bing for search results!

Postby Froggypwns » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:38 pm

I would love to see Bing return as one of the providers of POIs for Waze. It used to be listed next to Google up till last summer, but now you are stuck with basically only Google for results as Yellow Pages, Yelp, and the others rarely provide help.

The Bing results complement Google's nicely, as many times Bing has more up to date info than Google, and vice versa. Recently I was looking for a Wells Fargo ATM, The Google results wanted me to drive 50 miles away, while Yelp and YP had no hits. I fired up Bing maps and did a search, found an ATM a few miles away, then copy pasted the result back into Waze to get there. If Bing was listed as a search option I wouldn't have to jump through hoops to get where I need to go. Yesterday I dealt with a similar situation, where Waze couldn't find me the UPS Store in Ardsley, NY using any of the built in providers. It kept wanting me to go into NYC to find a UPS store, while Bing Maps was going to get me there without any fuss.
Froggypwns

Return to Waze App Feature Requests