Slow data parsing and report limits

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Slow data parsing and report limits

Postby Davidbiz0303 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 pm

I've been a Wazer since the first few months of inception and LOVE it...however, I have a couple of issues that I wanted to share. It's very confusing when the road color on the map shows yellow and clear, when you're sitting in dead stopped traffic. You send a report and it looks like it's going to change the color but then it reverts to yellow! You try again, as isn't the point of this to warn other road users and change the road color to alert others?...but once again, the yellow remains and if you try it again, you're told you've reported too often!!! Don't Waze WANT to get accurate info?

I'm confused and troubled by this. The frustration is enormous and it isn't accurate info on the map! I like to look at the wide shot of my route and SEE where the trouble spots are, through simple color changes. This isn't the case. I don't get it! Anyone else feel this way?
Davidbiz0303

Re: Slow data parsing and report limits

Postby MGODLEW » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:36 pm

When reporting Traffic, Are you using Standstill? Heavy? or Moderate? Keep in mind, at least in my experience, Waze will only change the "slow down" color of a road for the segment you are on. If a road has multiple segments it might not change the entire road.
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Return to Waze App Feature Requests