IFTTT and Waze

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: IFTTT and Waze

Postby blah654 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 pm

I would like it so it would auto kick on when leaving an area. I have a NFC tag for it now.
blah654

Postby Collins0822 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 pm

It would be great to get a traffic alert in advance of leaving for work, for example, if Waze could check for traffic 30 minutes before I usually leave to warn if there is any unusual traffic on the route. This could come as a Waze notification or through IFTTT.
Collins0822

IFTTT and Waze

Postby Epco » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:41 am

Hi,

Wouldn't it be a wonderful addition to have Waze connected to IFTTT https://www.ifttt.com so for example your trips could be added to a Google spreadsheet, your home Philips Hue lights turn on when arriving at home etc.

I have used IFTTT for some great connections between online services and Waze would make a perfect addition in my opinion.

Please let me know your thoughts.

regards,

Epco (from The Netherlands)
Epco

Postby moogonk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 pm

You all should look into Tasker (for Android). (Edited to add: like IFTTT, it can be set up to respond to various stimuli, like the phone's orientation, etc.)

I use it to start Waze automatically when I put my phone in the car dock. It also turns off WiFi because my phone tries to connect to every Xfinity wifi router as I drive around town, confusing Waze to no end). It automatically turns Wifi back on when I take it out of the dock. Unfortunately, it cannot shut down Waze.
Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms
moogonk

Postby petervdveen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:53 am

Nee, niet mogelijk en dat zal het in de toekomst ook (bijna zeker) niet zijn.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby rawzon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 am

IFTTT and Waze would be great, i'd like to make a recipe to start waze automatically when i leave my house and work!
rawzon

Postby SimonR12R » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:12 pm

I've got to say that, as a huge fan of both Waze and IFTTT, I agree. Making Waze work with IFTTT would be fantastic.
SimonR12R

Postby timtastic » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Collins0822 wrote:It would be great to get a traffic alert in advance of leaving for work, for example, if Waze could check for traffic 30 minutes before I usually leave to warn if there is any unusual traffic on the route. This could come as a Waze notification or through IFTTT.

I have been thinking the exact same thing - if you could set a time you need to be somewhere (could also work with Waze's built-in Calendar integration) and get a notification when you are in danger of being late (based on current traffic)

A simpler execution could be to set an alert for major traffic events along a given route, since commute times are generally consistent.
timtastic

Postby TravisHaleCool » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:53 am

I would also love to see IFTTT integrated with Waze, it could include triggering events when navigation is started / finished (and passing start address, finish address) and so on.

An Action could be to start navigation / navigate to a specific address.
TravisHaleCool

Return to Waze App Feature Requests