IFTTT and Waze

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: IFTTT and Waze

Postby jtomalley » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:57 pm

rawzon wrote:IFTTT and Waze would be great, i'd like to make a recipe to start waze automatically when i leave my house and work!

I've been trying to find a way to have Waze launch when Automatic detects that I've started my car. I've tried some Pushbullet recipes but having to install still yet another app to make two existing apps talk to each other via IFTTT is cumbersome and limited. If Waze could connect to IFTTT directly so it launches when I start the car, that would make hands free driving more efficient.
jtomalley

Postby jtomalley » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 pm

rawzon wrote:IFTTT and Waze would be great, i'd like to make a recipe to start waze automatically when i leave my house and work!

I've been trying to find a way to have Waze launch when Automatic detects that I've started my car. I've tried some Pushbullet recipes but having to install still yet another app to make two existing apps talk to each other via IFTTT is cumbersome and limited. If Waze could connect to IFTTT directly so it launches when I start the car, that would make hands free driving more efficient.
jtomalley

Postby kevinhammons » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:18 pm

+1
kevinhammons

Postby vince1612 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:39 am

DauserShenkt wrote:Only thing I can't find yet is a bluetooth device that also has the RF (garage door opener) component.

Appreciate anyones suggestion on a way to bridge the gap.

I have a Smartthings hub at home, I remembered seing this: http://blog.smartthings.com/how-to/moni ... rage-door/ But I'm not sure if it helps you. Just thought I'd share anyway.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DauserShenkt » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:35 am

+1 IFTTT is a great tool.

All of these will be GPS triggered.

My intended use : Send a bluetooth alert to open my unit complex, then again to open my garage door.

Only thing I can't find yet is a bluetooth device that also has the RF (garage door opener) component.

Appreciate anyones suggestion on a way to bridge the gap.
DauserShenkt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DockenRet » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:20 am

+1

Uses:

- Travel logs to different locations
- Mileage tracker for taxes.
- Notify Home Automation system (HomeSeer) when you'll arrive home and adjust temperature, speak voice commands, activate lights, etc.
- When leaving, notify you if the door isn't locked, lights are on, etc.
- Send notifications to other users via other methods (E-mail, SMS, Notifications, etc.)

- etc.

Ken
DockenRet

Postby timtastic » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Collins0822 wrote:It would be great to get a traffic alert in advance of leaving for work, for example, if Waze could check for traffic 30 minutes before I usually leave to warn if there is any unusual traffic on the route. This could come as a Waze notification or through IFTTT.

I have been thinking the exact same thing - if you could set a time you need to be somewhere (could also work with Waze's built-in Calendar integration) and get a notification when you are in danger of being late (based on current traffic)

A simpler execution could be to set an alert for major traffic events along a given route, since commute times are generally consistent.
timtastic

Postby moogonk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 pm

You all should look into Tasker (for Android). (Edited to add: like IFTTT, it can be set up to respond to various stimuli, like the phone's orientation, etc.)

I use it to start Waze automatically when I put my phone in the car dock. It also turns off WiFi because my phone tries to connect to every Xfinity wifi router as I drive around town, confusing Waze to no end). It automatically turns Wifi back on when I take it out of the dock. Unfortunately, it cannot shut down Waze.
moogonk
State Manager
State Manager

Postby blah654 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 pm

I would like it so it would auto kick on when leaving an area. I have a NFC tag for it now.
blah654

Postby Collins0822 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 pm

It would be great to get a traffic alert in advance of leaving for work, for example, if Waze could check for traffic 30 minutes before I usually leave to warn if there is any unusual traffic on the route. This could come as a Waze notification or through IFTTT.
Collins0822

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests