IFTTT and Waze

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: IFTTT and Waze

Postby blah654 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 pm

I would like it so it would auto kick on when leaving an area. I have a NFC tag for it now.
blah654

Postby Collins0822 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 pm

It would be great to get a traffic alert in advance of leaving for work, for example, if Waze could check for traffic 30 minutes before I usually leave to warn if there is any unusual traffic on the route. This could come as a Waze notification or through IFTTT.
Collins0822

Postby DocKenRet » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:20 am

+1

Uses:

- Travel logs to different locations
- Mileage tracker for taxes.
- Notify Home Automation system (HomeSeer) when you'll arrive home and adjust temperature, speak voice commands, activate lights, etc.
- When leaving, notify you if the door isn't locked, lights are on, etc.
- Send notifications to other users via other methods (E-mail, SMS, Notifications, etc.)

- etc.

Ken
DocKenRet

IFTTT and Waze

Postby Epco » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:41 am

Hi,

Wouldn't it be a wonderful addition to have Waze connected to IFTTT https://www.ifttt.com so for example your trips could be added to a Google spreadsheet, your home Philips Hue lights turn on when arriving at home etc.

I have used IFTTT for some great connections between online services and Waze would make a perfect addition in my opinion.

Please let me know your thoughts.

regards,

Epco (from The Netherlands)
Epco

Postby moogonk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 pm

You all should look into Tasker (for Android). (Edited to add: like IFTTT, it can be set up to respond to various stimuli, like the phone's orientation, etc.)

I use it to start Waze automatically when I put my phone in the car dock. It also turns off WiFi because my phone tries to connect to every Xfinity wifi router as I drive around town, confusing Waze to no end). It automatically turns Wifi back on when I take it out of the dock. Unfortunately, it cannot shut down Waze.

Rank 4 Area Manager:
NH: Brookline, Greenville, Hollis, Hudson, Litchfield, Mason, Nashua, Pelham, Wilton, Windham

Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms
moogonk
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby petervdveen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:53 am

Nee, niet mogelijk en dat zal het in de toekomst ook (bijna zeker) niet zijn.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby rawzon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 am

IFTTT and Waze would be great, i'd like to make a recipe to start waze automatically when i leave my house and work!
rawzon

Postby SimonR12R » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:12 pm

I've got to say that, as a huge fan of both Waze and IFTTT, I agree. Making Waze work with IFTTT would be fantastic.
SimonR12R

Postby timtastic » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Collins0822 wrote:It would be great to get a traffic alert in advance of leaving for work, for example, if Waze could check for traffic 30 minutes before I usually leave to warn if there is any unusual traffic on the route. This could come as a Waze notification or through IFTTT.

I have been thinking the exact same thing - if you could set a time you need to be somewhere (could also work with Waze's built-in Calendar integration) and get a notification when you are in danger of being late (based on current traffic)

A simpler execution could be to set an alert for major traffic events along a given route, since commute times are generally consistent.
timtastic

Postby TravisHaleCool » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:53 am

I would also love to see IFTTT integrated with Waze, it could include triggering events when navigation is started / finished (and passing start address, finish address) and so on.

An Action could be to start navigation / navigate to a specific address.
TravisHaleCool

Return to Waze App Feature Requests