IFTTT and Waze

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: IFTTT and Waze

Postby vince1612 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:39 am

DauserShenkt wrote:Only thing I can't find yet is a bluetooth device that also has the RF (garage door opener) component.

Appreciate anyones suggestion on a way to bridge the gap.

I have a Smartthings hub at home, I remembered seing this: http://blog.smartthings.com/how-to/moni ... rage-door/ But I'm not sure if it helps you. Just thought I'd share anyway.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kevinhammons » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:18 pm

+1
kevinhammons

Postby jtomalley » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 pm

rawzon wrote:IFTTT and Waze would be great, i'd like to make a recipe to start waze automatically when i leave my house and work!

I've been trying to find a way to have Waze launch when Automatic detects that I've started my car. I've tried some Pushbullet recipes but having to install still yet another app to make two existing apps talk to each other via IFTTT is cumbersome and limited. If Waze could connect to IFTTT directly so it launches when I start the car, that would make hands free driving more efficient.
jtomalley

Postby jtomalley » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:57 pm

rawzon wrote:IFTTT and Waze would be great, i'd like to make a recipe to start waze automatically when i leave my house and work!

I've been trying to find a way to have Waze launch when Automatic detects that I've started my car. I've tried some Pushbullet recipes but having to install still yet another app to make two existing apps talk to each other via IFTTT is cumbersome and limited. If Waze could connect to IFTTT directly so it launches when I start the car, that would make hands free driving more efficient.
jtomalley

Postby slowtraffickeeprightokie » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:09 am

I almost always drive home with Waze going on Android Auto, and since Waze is already running navigation it makes it an *ideal platform for geofencing usages* like like making IFTTT webhooks calls, etc. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the ability for Waze to use its accurate location to immediately trigger my garage door opener when I get into a geofenced area!

Seems like something that would fit really well with a navigation app!
slowtraffickeeprightokie

Postby HBiede » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 am

That would actually be fairly interesting to see. However, I would rather have 100% of my drives show up as editing area in the editor first, personally. This would definitely appeal to a wider audience though.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Large Area Manager - Nebraska and Montana
Layer Saver Script
HBiede
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests