Edit/Sort/Filter Favorites

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Edit Favorites

Postby Telrod11 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:35 am

+1
Ridiculous that you can't edit favorites.
At least can you tell us where that file is kept, so we could manually edit?
Telrod11

Postby zeal17 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am

The only way to do it now is renavigate to the same place and save under other name to favorite
zeal17

Postby hardcoal80 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:46 pm

+1
Would love to see this option as well. The online resource could be developed a lot more, specifically this functionality would be great. Editing, viewing, export/import of favorites online. I this available anywhere else? If so, I mean I love Waze, but I will hop ship pretty quickly.
hardcoal80

Postby mrmattmc » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:46 am

Just wanted to chime in with my support for more control over favorites. I travel often to random locations and it would be nice to have control over the favorites as others have pointed out in this thread.
mrmattmc

Postby ClemsonEngineer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:00 pm

I agree that favorites need to be able to at least be re-ordered. Would also be nice to re-name them. My friend who introduced me to waze is very frustrated by this (to the point he is not wanting to use the app anymore). He said he started using waze in the first place because it allows you to add any point as a favorite (not just a business like google maps). He is frustrated because he has over 150 favorites that he cannot re-name or re-order. I think it would be nice to be able to re-name the favorites and to be able to choose to either manually order your favorites or alphabetically order them.
ClemsonEngineer

Postby MGODLEW » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Suggestion submitted to Waze, see ticket: #24, 26, 38, 52,109 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html
[ img ]
Rank 6 US Champ, Beta Tester & iOS Beta Leader | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 9.0.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby Jimbo724 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:04 am

Irritating to be unable to add or edit name to a Favorite.

I entered the name of a hotel followed by its address, hit search, and Waze returned the address without the name. I could see no way to add the hotel name back. Very irritating.

I consider this part of a bigger problem with Waze stripping business names from addresses whenever a search is performed. I have to carry a paper note, in my shirt pocket, with the name of the business and the suite number. Or put that information into the Notes app. Or check Contacts. Whichever way I do it, I have to go outside Waze for the info. Not user-friendly. Although I suppose this may ultimately be a problem with the Apple Maps code or whatever.
Jimbo724

Postby aryehlx » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Another bell ringing.
We need to be able to edit favoites and organize them alphabetically and/or by category. The larger the list the more critical this becomes.

Thanks,
Aryeh
aryehlx

Postby CfF2002 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 am

1. Edit favorites (name, address
2. Reorder favorites
3. Sort favorites
4. Make categories for favorites (work, personal, fun...)
CfF2002

Postby Zm0gis » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:09 am

This is "MUST HAVE" option! :D It was pain in ass to find my saved location, when i saved it with random name, and after that i could find it. And then i found it, it was too late. It's problem when you are in new place or something.
Zm0gis
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests