Request: Application to Close Waze

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW, Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Request: Application to Close Waze

Postby EduardoCarvajal » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:43 pm

There are many "Rules" applications that let us automate the use of Waze (i.e. On Android: Trigger, Rules Engine, etc.). In my case I use NFC tags to star Waze every time my Phone is connect to my Car, but I cannot define a Rule to stop Waze when my Phone disconnects from my car Bluetooth. It will be very useful if you publish an application that let us close Waze.

Sincerely,

Eduardo.
ImageImageImageImage
Local Champ - Level 6
Waze Costa Rica: Wiki, Facebook, Forums
EduardoCarvajal
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Re: Request: Application to Close Waze

Postby EduardoCarvajal » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:27 pm

htahta wrote:After a quick search in the forum This code can be used for tasker and NFC

This workaround works only on Android. I think that we need a Standar way to close Waze, so I keep my request.
ImageImageImageImage
Local Champ - Level 6
EduardoCarvajal
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby EduardoCarvajal » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:22 pm

MGODLEW wrote:
EduardoCarvajal wrote:This workaround works only on Android. I think that we need a Standard way to close Waze, so I keep my request.

Do you mean iPhone as well? Because I don't think Apple allows developers to make an app do that. Only work around would be with a jailbroken iPhone.

I mean Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile. On every platform it's possible that two application exchange information (communicate each other). The two applications must establish a protocol to exchange information. That's the reason I ask to the Waze developer team to give us a special application that Close Waze.

PS. I already implement Close functionality using Tasker for Android, but for me it's a non-natural way to do that.
ImageImageImageImage
Local Champ - Level 6
EduardoCarvajal
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby htahta » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:59 pm

After a quick search in the forum This code can be used for tasker and NFC
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux
htahta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:06 am

MGODLEW wrote:I believe for iPhone it's part of Apples terms. 3rd party or not, apps must be closed by the user, no special applications or work arounds or 3rd party software can't be implemented by Waze to allow such capability

Quite correct. As of the release of iOS7, iPhone apps are no longer allowed to close themselves. At that time, Waze had to add a "sleep" button to Waze to make it inactive, before the user returns to the home screen. I believe there is a gesture on iOS7 that will close the app - I'm not sure because I'm a luddite, still running iOS6. :lol:
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/XP
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse

Postby MGODLEW » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:47 pm

EduardoCarvajal wrote:This workaround works only on Android. I think that we need a Standard way to close Waze, so I keep my request.

Do you mean iPhone as well? Because I don't think Apple allows developers to make an app do that. Only work around would be with a jailbroken iPhone.
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby MGODLEW » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:55 pm

I believe for iPhone it's part of Apples terms. 3rd party or not, apps must be closed by the user, no special applications or work arounds or 3rd party software can't be implemented by Waze to allow such capability
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Return to Waze App Feature Requests