Revamp Map Issue User Reporting

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Revamp Map Issue User Reporting

Postby EightBitRanger » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:31 am

As a new map editor, I'm finding an abundance of users who report a general map error and hit send. No elaboration in the text field which leaves us editors (although more often than not, just one) guessing on what the intention was. I (or they) will post some kind of generic question asking what they meant by their report and often there will be no reply after a week or more leaving us to close the issue without really resolving anything. So I'd like to put forth the following suggestion(s):

1) Require at least something in the text box of a minimum character length before being allowed to submit.
2) Remind the user to check back on their report if someone has any questions as to what their report was about. This could be done in a window after the report is submitted.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) running Android v4.4.2
Waze v3.7.8.0
EightBitRanger

Re: Revamp Map Issue User Reporting

Postby MGODLEW » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:18 pm

You are not alone, myself and along many others have requested this as well. The Wishlist might help directing you to finding some answers. https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Wishlist
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Return to Waze App Feature Requests