Request: reduce voice notifications

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW, Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Request: reduce voice notifications

Postby danbert8 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:33 am

You would think they could have a choose notifications options where each one could be a checkbox for which you want:

5km
2km
1km
500m
250m
100m
50m
0m

If you just want a 1km out notice and then that's it, should be easy to do. I definitely don't need a 1/2 mi, 1/4 mi, already past the turn notification as it works now.
danbert8

Request: reduce voice notifications

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:46 pm

I think that voice notifications, I.e. turn left on POINT A and then turn right in POINT B for every turn are redundant, sometimes the app gets so chatty that you can even hear your own music, I don't see the need to use so many notifications to make a turn (ie. in one kilometer turn, and then... In 500 meter turn, and then, in 200 meters turn, and then...) gets annoying

Sent from my iPad using Tap
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ
ImageImageImageImageImage

iPhone 5S
iOS 8.1

Wiki de México
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 pm

EightBitRanger wrote:What you find verbose, others might night find verbose enough. It might only be that chatty because in a previous version it didn't give enough advanced warning and people missed their turns then complained about it. If you're on a highway doing 120km in the far lane and have to make the next turn, sometimes it seems that 200m or even 500m is enough warning to get over.

I see your point but when you are in the city sorting traffic and everything it really gets annoying, maybe speed sensitive notification

iPhone 5S
iOS 8.1

Wiki de México
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Yes there is

iPhone 5S
iOS 8.1

Wiki de México
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:15 pm

danbert8 wrote:You would think they could have a choose notifications options where each one could be a checkbox for which you want:

5km
2km
1km
500m
250m
100m
50m
0m

If you just want a 1km out notice and then that's it, should be easy to do. I definitely don't need a 1/2 mi, 1/4 mi, already past the turn notification as it works now.

I think that a selectable option would be a very nice addition. Speed sensitive would be the smarter option, but a nice feature I have noticed from years of using navigation apps would be a selection of how many prompts you want to get (I think Navigon or iGo do this) I hope this thread doesn't get lost because it's a very annoying feature right now, I think that the "next turn" should be used only once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhone 5S
iOS 8.1

Wiki de México
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby EightBitRanger » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 pm

What you find verbose, others might night find verbose enough. It might only be that chatty because in a previous version it didn't give enough advanced warning and people missed their turns then complained about it. If you're on a highway doing 120km in the far lane and have to make the next turn, sometimes it seems that 200m or even 500m is enough warning to get over.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) running Android v4.4.2
Waze v3.7.8.0
EightBitRanger

Postby EightBitRanger » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:17 pm

DavidAbarca wrote:maybe speed sensitive notification

I could see that work, there's already speed-sensitive zooming right?
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) running Android v4.4.2
Waze v3.7.8.0
EightBitRanger

Postby Robert_it » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:52 am

I am getting really aggitated with all these notifications, this is the first navigation system I have ever used ( and I have used a lot) that is giving you 3 notifications per turn??? this is starting to get to so much that I am not using Waze anymore.
I connect my phone to the stereo over bluetooth and then play internet radio. streaming mucis or whatever, but having constant directions 3 times every time is getting on my nerves. Tottally destroying the music experience.
What I am even more pussled about is the main strong argument from the Waze developers claiming this to be the best navigation App for commuters ( read daily use to/from job) if this is the case then why 3 notifications??? I know you can turn the voice off completely but that is not what I want. 2 notifications should be enough but the option to choose between 1,2 or 3 would be perfect.
If possible I would love the option to get only ONE notification like: below 30 Km/h=50 meters ahead - below 50 Km/h=100 meters ahead - below 80 Km/h=200 meters ahead - below 120 Km/h=400 meters ahead - all above = 600 meters before. This might be difficult to code??? so I would be happy with the option to choose between 1,2 or 3 notifications.

This really really needs some attention --- PLEASE!!!
Robert_it

Return to Waze App Feature Requests