Small streets are not "expensive" enough - shouldnt be taken

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Small streets are not "expensive" enough - shouldnt be taken

Postby FRQD » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:19 pm

It seems to me, that Waze often tries to route me on small/minor streets, just because there is a little bit of jam on the main street.
In that streets you have parked cars, speed bumps, etc., so it makes the impression, that waze is not "punishing" them enough?

Best regards
QD
FRQD

Re: Small streets are not "expensive" enough - shouldnt be t

Postby omba_de » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey QD,
Waze will learn your route.
Waze has an average speed data for every segment.
The more often someone is driving on a segment, the is the average speed data.
I guess that after a few drives, if waze recognizes, that the other way is the fastest (and I guess your settings within the app are set to this) you'll be navigated the other way.

Since you're probably German... Check out the link in my signature for more information. Also check out the DACH-Forum!
Cheers,
Eric
CM-Austria

Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Return to Waze App Feature Requests