Plan multiple destination/route/waypoint/stop

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Plan a Trip

Postby ofratessler » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Allow planning a trip in advance
Give users a simple interface where they can enter a series of locations, for navigation in the future, which will be then saved under a folder for that trip. When the user arrives they need only to open the folder and choose the destination.
See attached example
Setup screen "Add a Trip":
Trip Name:
Location 1 (Drop down list with a few common and an ability to enter your own) - address (spot to enter the address along with browse button to search the internet and retrieve it)
Location 2 (same)
Location 3 (same)
Location 4 (same)
etc

A folder will be created under 'Favorites' (or somewhere else), when the user opens it, they see all these locations and can choose which one to navigate to.
Feel free to contact me with questions!
Best,
Ofra
ofra.tessler@gmail.com
ofratessler

Organize Routes

Postby thejuiceman » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Would like to be able to have three or more destinations and put them in the order that I want to arrive and also a option to have waze put them in the most efficient order. Ie. You have 10 customers you are delivering to and want the best route after imputed the address.
This feature has been on GPS apps for years. In fact my first Palm PDA had this feature.
I'd love to see these common features on Waze so I could abandon my GPS apps and use it Waze full time.
thejuiceman

Next Point when near destination

Postby Viperz28 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:08 pm

I am trying to add multiple stops that I make each day, 1st stop is son's school, 2nd stop is my work. The problem I am facing is that I actually drop my son off about 200 feet from the schools front office (which is where Waze is navigating me to), because of that it continues to try and redirect back after I have dropped him off. Is there a way to either set the location where I am dropping him off or better, to checkin at that location so the next stop will start?
Viperz28

Need Multi-Stop Routing

Postby boodahbellie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:09 pm

I would love to see a new feature added to Waze. The ability to add multiple stops to a trip. I currently use the 1-stop/final destination feature all the time, but it would be nice to be able to add more than one stop to a trip.

For instance, let's say I'm heading home at the end of the day, but I need to stop by the dry cleaners, pick up kids from day care, and get dinner before heading home. I would like to see the ability to add all of these stops to the trip. Also, would like to see the ability to auto arrange or manual arrange the stops.

Auto Arrange - would consist of Waze taking the entered stops and finding the closest or shortest routes between these stops.

Manual Arrange - would let the user tell Waze in what order they needed to make the stops. For example, if one needed to stop by the bank before going to the dry cleaners to get money to pay for the dry cleaning.

I anxiously await any answer in regards to this request.
boodahbellie

MULTIPOINT (Multiroute , Multistop) AUTOMATIC PLANNER

Postby IsaacShuekePeace » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:28 pm

*Is there a function to insert a multipoint (multiroute , multistop) on Waze? I am talking about 10-20 points.

In my case, I have a small restaurant. Clients make orders via web, and we personal (1 by 1) plan the delivery routes everyday. Some times many times a day... (taking a lot of time).

Could Waze help in any of this 2 different ways: ?

1.- Offering a MULTIPOINT (Multiroute , Multistop). I enter the routes 1 by 1, and Waze gives me the best rute.

2.- Troughout the WAZE API, My clients place:
- Order
- Time Placed Order
- Delivery Address

Then Waze planifies the best route (by making a rute every 30 minutes (or whenever I indicate Waze to close the next rute)).

I don´t know If am a going to far... But I think this tool will be very helpful for many different industries.

*To WAZE: Or maybe you have a different platform for business? That I can subscribe or pay to develop custom needs ?
IsaacShuekePeace

Multiple Way Points

Postby Jok1970 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Hello, I'd like to be able to set-up multiple way points. I frequently travel a long distance, and have a couple of regular stops. As I have young kids, it would be very welcome to be able to tell them how long until we are going to arrive at the interim stop.
My Garmin GPS that I use for GeoCaching has this ability.
Ideally, I'd like to see the time to arrive at the next way point, and the ETA at the final destination.
Best regards
Andrew
Jok1970

Multiple stops planned drive?

Postby rimurph5 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Is there a way to "add stop" or enter more than one destination for a planned drive? I do a lot of carpooling and this would help me out during times of traffic:) thank you!!
rimurph5

Multiple stops

Postby sleepdoc18 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Will the Waze app ever allow more than just 1 stop on a trip. 2 or more would be very helpful to professional drivers who rely on the program.
sleepdoc18

Multiple stops

Postby AdreaJohns » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:21 am

Is there a way to optimize a route with multiple stops?
AdreaJohns

Multiple destinations

Postby xXxRamxXx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Is it possible to input multiple destinations, say in order? The wife and I will be doing a tour of waterfalls in Oklahoma for our 30th anniversary. It would be nice if we could put in a starting location and an ending location with multiple stops in between the two.
xXxRamxXx

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App