Plan multiple destination/route/waypoint/stop

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: [Request] Multipoint Route planning

Postby egadgetguy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:50 pm

gr4v1ty wrote:I support the implementation of this feature!

This needs to happen!
MS streets and trips had it in 2003 version.
egadgetguy

Postby gr4v1ty » Thu May 08, 2014 3:43 am

I support the implementation of this feature!
gr4v1ty

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

The future plans do include such multi-point routing, including being able to set these from the web, but we're likely months or year away from seeing this implemented. Only the single stop point is available, but even the app shows signs of future plans because when you arrive at your stop point, it says something like, "You have arrived at your first stop point."

This idea isn't new and has been discussed on the forums before.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Plan route on the online map and send it to Waze

Postby ElliotBalynn » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:49 am

Really sorry if this has already been mentioned. I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything alike.

Google Maps have a feature where you can specify the route online, edit it, by dragging the path, specify stops and then send it to your mobile device.

It would be really nice if the similar functionality existed for Waze, i.e if a user was able to do the following from the online maps:
* Specify the start point and the destination
* Edit the route by dragging
* Specify the stops
* Schedule the trip
* Name and save the route for future use
* Send it to your mobile device

Thank you
ElliotBalynn

Plan multiple destination/route/waypoint/stop

Postby ScratMan » Fri May 24, 2013 11:55 am

Hello. I'm using Waze several days per week, it's fantastic, but when I'm on my motorcycle, I'm missing a cool feature : possibility to prepare my itinerary at home, selecting the best routes I want to ride, and exporting this to my Android phone to guide me when on the road.

Now I'm using Copilot Live Premium to do this, but it's, by far, not as good as Waze.

So it would be really cool if Waze could import GPS-eXchange files generated by external map softwares like Tyre or ITN-Converter, with multiple waypoints, and then guide the driver on the selected route going through all waypoints.
ScratMan

Plan a Trip

Postby ofratessler » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Allow planning a trip in advance
Give users a simple interface where they can enter a series of locations, for navigation in the future, which will be then saved under a folder for that trip. When the user arrives they need only to open the folder and choose the destination.
See attached example
Setup screen "Add a Trip":
Trip Name:
Location 1 (Drop down list with a few common and an ability to enter your own) - address (spot to enter the address along with browse button to search the internet and retrieve it)
Location 2 (same)
Location 3 (same)
Location 4 (same)
etc

A folder will be created under 'Favorites' (or somewhere else), when the user opens it, they see all these locations and can choose which one to navigate to.
Feel free to contact me with questions!
Best,
Ofra
ofra.tessler@gmail.com
ofratessler

Organize Routes

Postby thejuiceman » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Would like to be able to have three or more destinations and put them in the order that I want to arrive and also a option to have waze put them in the most efficient order. Ie. You have 10 customers you are delivering to and want the best route after imputed the address.
This feature has been on GPS apps for years. In fact my first Palm PDA had this feature.
I'd love to see these common features on Waze so I could abandon my GPS apps and use it Waze full time.
thejuiceman

Next Point when near destination

Postby Viperz28 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:08 pm

I am trying to add multiple stops that I make each day, 1st stop is son's school, 2nd stop is my work. The problem I am facing is that I actually drop my son off about 200 feet from the schools front office (which is where Waze is navigating me to), because of that it continues to try and redirect back after I have dropped him off. Is there a way to either set the location where I am dropping him off or better, to checkin at that location so the next stop will start?
Viperz28

Need Multi-Stop Routing

Postby boodahbellie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:09 pm

I would love to see a new feature added to Waze. The ability to add multiple stops to a trip. I currently use the 1-stop/final destination feature all the time, but it would be nice to be able to add more than one stop to a trip.

For instance, let's say I'm heading home at the end of the day, but I need to stop by the dry cleaners, pick up kids from day care, and get dinner before heading home. I would like to see the ability to add all of these stops to the trip. Also, would like to see the ability to auto arrange or manual arrange the stops.

Auto Arrange - would consist of Waze taking the entered stops and finding the closest or shortest routes between these stops.

Manual Arrange - would let the user tell Waze in what order they needed to make the stops. For example, if one needed to stop by the bank before going to the dry cleaners to get money to pay for the dry cleaning.

I anxiously await any answer in regards to this request.
boodahbellie

MULTIPOINT (Multiroute , Multistop) AUTOMATIC PLANNER

Postby IsaacShuekePeace » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:28 pm

*Is there a function to insert a multipoint (multiroute , multistop) on Waze? I am talking about 10-20 points.

In my case, I have a small restaurant. Clients make orders via web, and we personal (1 by 1) plan the delivery routes everyday. Some times many times a day... (taking a lot of time).

Could Waze help in any of this 2 different ways: ?

1.- Offering a MULTIPOINT (Multiroute , Multistop). I enter the routes 1 by 1, and Waze gives me the best rute.

2.- Troughout the WAZE API, My clients place:
- Order
- Time Placed Order
- Delivery Address

Then Waze planifies the best route (by making a rute every 30 minutes (or whenever I indicate Waze to close the next rute)).

I don´t know If am a going to far... But I think this tool will be very helpful for many different industries.

*To WAZE: Or maybe you have a different platform for business? That I can subscribe or pay to develop custom needs ?
IsaacShuekePeace

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests