Disable Bluetooth Audio from Waze

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Disable Bluetooth Audio from Waze

Postby BlackAlpha7 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 pm

I might be the only one but I hope now as I would love to see this change.

I always drive with Bluetooth enabled on my phone and it is tied to my car however I never have my cars audio set to bluetooth. As a result of me listening to the radio in my car all the Waze alerts try to go to my cars BT audio and I don't hear anything.

When I get a phone call I hear the Waze app with my phone call in my car (I know this is on the list of being fixed though and support that one big time) but as soon as I hang up I lose any audio again.

I am hoping a simple option can be enabled so even if BT is on waze can use the phone speakers for alerts/navigation so I can have my BT on to answer phone calls and listen to the radio and have Waze alerts.
BlackAlpha7

Re: Disable Bluetooth Audio from Waze

Postby BridgeAce » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:49 am

MGODLEW wrote: Otherwise, in Waze go to Settings > Sounds > and you can always turn off the option, "Prefer Bluetooth"

I don't think anyone has figured out what this setting does on iOS.
But it certainly does not turn off Waze-broadcasting while Bluetooth is on.

I agree with the others.
BridgeAce

Postby Bunchat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:30 pm

I have ver 3.9.3.0 installed on a Sony Z3 & Note 2. My vehicle's radio is a Sony (can't remember model number). The Bluetooth on my phones & car radio are permanently enabled so as to make & receive calls when I'm in the vehicle.

I get up to 30 calls a day while driving, as a service technician I'm most often using Waze to navigate my quickest & alternate routes.

My problem is while busy with a call, Waze interrupts the call to the extent that I cannot hear the caller. I have checked the box in sound options to use my devices speakers but the notifications & prompts still come through the car speakers. Is there another way to disable this irritating feature?
Bunchat

Postby Bunchat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:07 am

Never seen that option in my current android version.
Last edited by Bunchat on Sat May 23, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunchat

Postby MGODLEW » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:56 pm

This depends on your vehicles manufacturer & your device's capabilities. I have no problems in my car. Its not a limitation in Waze it would be a limitation for your vehicle. Otherwise, in Waze go to Settings > Sounds > and you can always turn off the option, "Prefer Bluetooth"
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby NNshrimper » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:53 am

I really would appreciate an option to disable waze audio whilst on a phone call - I also find it frustrating as I cannot hear the phone call with Waze reading out instructions at the same time, over the car speaker.
NNshrimper

Return to Waze App Feature Requests