Please put Waze on Android Wear and Android Auto  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Please put Waze on Android Wear and Android Auto

Postby maumich68 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:56 am

Using a new Tiguan, I was sure to find Waze on Car-net (MirrorLink™, CarPlay™ di Apple e Android Auto™ di Google) but I couldn't. Waze and Android Auto are both owned by Google . So I won't use the app connect system untill I will not find Waze in. I hope soon
maumich68

Postby Max_SK » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:00 am

My new astra also had Android auto. So we all need Android auto support in Waze

Odoslané z Nexus 5 pomocou Tapatalku
Waze Beta Tester :)
Max_SK

Postby metalmarky » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:47 pm

The other useful feature is that the watch has a mic so when you are trying to say "Report Hazard On Road Roadworks" or similar and Waze just keeps coming back saying "Didn't hear you, please try again... Cancelled", it stands a better chance if you can talk via your watch. Tap the watch to start it listening or even better, integrate voice commands into OK Google.
Metal Marky
Galaxy S4
metalmarky

Postby methinx » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Still no Wear support??
methinx

Postby Mikeyb128 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:04 am

Another vote for Wave on Android Auto. I'm about to get a new Vauxhall Astra which comes with Android Auto. If Waze is not available I may end up not using Waze. If many more people like me do the same that may kill off Waze. That would be a great shame as Waze is a great product. At the launch of Android Auto I read that the boss of Waze came out with the great things that could be done by integrating Waze with the car. If they wait until that is done there may not be anyone left using Waze.
Mikeyb128

Postby mojopong » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:20 pm

I'm a avid tasker user and I use waze every single day. My setup is I have a tablet designated to use in just the car it connects to my phones hotspot (which automatically goes on when I turn on my jabra bluetooth device) and with tasker starts and stops everything I need on my daily travels (dashcam, music, waze for navigation). I also have a moto 360 and i've programmed through tasker/autovoice/autoremote/autowear the ability for me to say "take me to home/daycare/work/parents/etc" and it automatically opens waze up and starts taking me to my destination.
A few months ago I had programmed it so that when I say "report police" to my watch it automatically does all the touches on the screen needed to report the police, and another one for "thanks" to thank others road reports. Now with the app updated I have some updating of my own to do with the touch locations i've programmed so that can work again because it was a great feature.
Now if Android Wear compatibility was built into waze that would be awesome and save me alot of programming time :)
mojopong

Postby Moonzipper » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:47 am

It only seems logical to add Wear and Auto support. Waze is made for car navigation and is owned by Google, and yet it does not support another Google car app? The goal here should be to take the phone out of a driver's hands! That is a goal that Android Auto and Wear both help promote. If Waze wants to support safety, it needs to support these apps.

Plus, one of Android's (and Google's) biggest downsides is the fragmentation of its user base. When you have a company owned by Google that cannot even support Google's own apps, that only adds fuel to such perception. Do you think Apple would keep their apps off Apple Carplay if they owned Waze? I don't think so! This is ridiculous.
Waze should have an inside track on Android Auto, it is completely senseless to ignore it.
Moonzipper

Postby MorgenBlue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:32 pm

imfrombelgium wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: ??? Who can try this ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

2016 Kia Sorento First To Get Waze On Android Auto!

http://nseavoice.com/cars/2016-kia-sore ... 20444.html

I tried it to see if it would work on other cars. It did not :( .
Noob map editor trying to improve things and probably breaking everything :shock:
MorgenBlue

Postby Muecke36 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Any news on when Waze will be available on Android Auto?

Cheers
Mike
Muecke36

Postby nickajordan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm

I would also love to see Waze on Android Wear!
nickajordan

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests