Please put Waze on Android Wear and Android Auto  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Please put Waze on Android Wear and Android Auto

Postby sparki1980 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:45 pm

As one who use to use waze daily, but got a car that is compatible with Android Auto and has since pretty much stopped using waze... I would love to be part of this beta, and I would love to use waze again (I use it in my older car still, just can't in my daily car).
sparki1980

Postby sk8erord » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:44 am

Well, we've exceeded Q1 2017 without even a word from Waze staff on this. Do we have any sort of status update? Any news? I'd be happy if Waze just flat out said they've scrapped it - at least we'd know. Is this vaporware at this point?
sk8erord

Postby vince1612 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:46 pm

There are a lot of media covering this topic and you can find reasons why this is delayed. Obviously Waze are not the only ones responsible for Android Auto, Google is key in this.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bfkmnemonic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Waze on Android Auto Please...!
bfkmnemonic

Postby unlimited1808 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:54 am

Per news reports and YouTube user videos, there's an active Waze Android Auto beta test. Progress.
unlimited1808

Postby wazinawaydude » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Android Auto support is finally here!

But (very) disappointingly it's only available to those people who have forked out for an AA-capable head-unit.

Despite AA working just fine in phone-only situations, there doesn't appear to be any "phone-only AA" support in this AA Waze. So after all of this time waiting, still, only a minority of people can use it.

I can't say enough how disappointed I am. :cry:
wazinawaydude
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby unlimited1808 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Not sure why you'd want to run Waze in AA on the phone. Just run the app in normal mode.

wazinawaydude wrote:Android Auto support is finally here!

But (very) disappointingly it's only available to those people who have forked out for an AA-capable head-unit.

Despite AA working just fine in phone-only situations, there doesn't appear to be any "phone-only AA" support in this AA Waze. So after all of this time waiting, still, only a minority of people can use it.

I can't say enough how disappointed I am. :cry:
unlimited1808

Non supported car

Postby Bucknut1217 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:52 am

Does Waze work with Android Auto on the phone if my vehicle does not support Android Auto?
Bucknut1217

Postby wazinawaydude » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:18 am

Is Waze, in normal mode going to read my incoming messages to me, and let me respond by voice, or play music, or any of the other nice things that AA does hands-free in addition to just navigating?

The point is entirely that I want to use Android Auto and I want the navigation portion of it to be Waze, not Google Maps.
wazinawaydude
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby TheGridExe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:58 pm

wazinawaydude wrote:Is Waze, in normal mode going to read my incoming messages to me, and let me respond by voice, or play music, or any of the other nice things that AA does hands-free in addition to just navigating?

The point is entirely that I want to use Android Auto and I want the navigation portion of it to be Waze, not Google Maps.

Yeah, I know the frustration. I actually am thinking of getting an AA unit just because I want it on top of wanting to use Waze in the car.

The in-app version will be coming as mentioned directly from Google (Integration of Android Auto on your phone screen is in the works, sign up to receive the latest news on Waze for Android Auto.) but I suspect more information will come as beta testing continues. I firmly believe Waze (as Waze Ltd) is more in charge of making sure the app is tested properly before releasing it as they still have control over the app.
TheGridExe
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests