Destination info at arrival

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: side of road location is on

Postby amazing3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:25 am

CarlosRickman wrote:I love this app and generally use it for all of my navigation needs, but I hate when I am using it for a new location specifically in a city type environment. It would be a nice little touch to the app if as the final step it told us the side of the road the location is on. It would be specifically very helpful for those locations right after a turn if we could see the side of the road it's on in the preview steps section. I know most other good map apps have this feature but I like the community base on this one so I would rather not have to use those at all.

The Google Maps application tells you your destination is on the left or right side of the road.
amazing3

Re: Destination info at arrival

Postby bummerdude69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:07 pm

If there are PLR mapped it might tell you to turn off a street, but otherwise....
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

side of road location is on

Postby CarlosRickman » Fri May 15, 2015 9:28 pm

I love this app and generally use it for all of my navigation needs, but I hate when I am using it for a new location specifically in a city type environment. It would be a nice little touch to the app if as the final step it told us the side of the road the location is on. It would be specifically very helpful for those locations right after a turn if we could see the side of the road it's on in the preview steps section. I know most other good map apps have this feature but I like the community base on this one so I would rather not have to use those at all.
CarlosRickman

Destination on which side of road

Postby CorChap » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:35 am

It would be nice if Waze would tell you which side of the road your destination is on and update the marker icon accordingly. In busy areas it's hard to find places when you have to search both sides of the road for the destination.
CorChap

Re: Show destination address (and side of street)

Postby csonis » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:18 am

I too have always wondered why this feature wasn't standard. Is the place I'm looking for on the left side? Right side? Arggh.
csonis

Destination side (left/right)

Postby manomintis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to make Waze mention which side of the road destination is, or should I create a new feature request? :) Example: "You're arriving to destination, on the right". At least Garmin does this, very helpful. Building numbers are not always visible, especially they are difficult to read when you're concentrated on driving. Some objects are not even possible to recognize by number. Thanks.
manomintis

Postby MDIT80 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:57 pm

MGODLEW wrote:Waze should announce its destination upon arrival if you are searching by the exact address and not the business name. The prompt is: "Arriving at: 123 Main St" & will display a checkered flag on the side of the street your destination is on.

I use an iphone 5 and it doesn't do this for me either.
MDIT80

Destination info at arrival

Postby metafarion » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Waze needs to provide some destination information when you arrive. An address at the very least, but a photo or a map indicating your position and the destination be really helpful. Currently, when you arrive, navigation ends and the route simply disappears and you're left with no guidance at all. This is extremely unhelpful if you're going to a place you've never been before and you don't know what it looks like and haven't committed the address to memory. Sometimes Waze makes a mistake and this happens when you're simply NEAR your destination and you're suddenly you're scrambling to figure out where to go. How about letting me end navigation when I'm done with it?
metafarion

Postby metafarion » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:09 am

It does not do this. And it hasn't on my previous two phones either. I've been checking in every 6 months or so since 2011 with the current version of Waze on whatever phone I have at the time to see if the problem has been addressed, but so far the behavior has been very consistent. I arrive in the vicinity of my destination and all navigation stops. I have a map, but no marker, no address, no route, nothing.
metafarion

Postby metafarion » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:49 am

Galaxy Note 2, Android 4.4
And Galaxy S2 before that.
metafarion

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests