Destination info at arrival

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Destination info at arrival

Postby metafarion » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Waze needs to provide some destination information when you arrive. An address at the very least, but a photo or a map indicating your position and the destination be really helpful. Currently, when you arrive, navigation ends and the route simply disappears and you're left with no guidance at all. This is extremely unhelpful if you're going to a place you've never been before and you don't know what it looks like and haven't committed the address to memory. Sometimes Waze makes a mistake and this happens when you're simply NEAR your destination and you're suddenly you're scrambling to figure out where to go. How about letting me end navigation when I'm done with it?
metafarion

Re: Destination info at arrival

Postby MGODLEW » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Waze should announce its destination upon arrival if you are searching by the exact address and not the business name. The prompt is: "Arriving at: 123 Main St" & will display a checkered flag on the side of the street your destination is on.
[ img ]
Rank 6 US Champ, Beta Tester & iOS Beta Leader | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 9.0.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby metafarion » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:09 am

It does not do this. And it hasn't on my previous two phones either. I've been checking in every 6 months or so since 2011 with the current version of Waze on whatever phone I have at the time to see if the problem has been addressed, but so far the behavior has been very consistent. I arrive in the vicinity of my destination and all navigation stops. I have a map, but no marker, no address, no route, nothing.
metafarion

Postby MGODLEW » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:32 am

What type of device?
[ img ]
Rank 6 US Champ, Beta Tester & iOS Beta Leader | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 9.0.2 |
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby metafarion » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:49 am

Galaxy Note 2, Android 4.4
And Galaxy S2 before that.
metafarion

Postby MDIT80 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:57 pm

MGODLEW wrote:Waze should announce its destination upon arrival if you are searching by the exact address and not the business name. The prompt is: "Arriving at: 123 Main St" & will display a checkered flag on the side of the street your destination is on.

I use an iphone 5 and it doesn't do this for me either.
MDIT80

Postby MGODLEW » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Do you have full navigation instructions turned on or alerts only?
[ img ]
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby metafarion » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:18 am

Alerts only. I prefer only visual guidance.
metafarion

Postby MGODLEW » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:52 pm

metafarion wrote:Alerts only. I prefer only visual guidance.

This is why it does not announce your destination.
[ img ]
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby metafarion » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:29 pm

MGODLEW wrote:
metafarion wrote:Alerts only. I prefer only visual guidance.

This is why it does not announce your destination.

My complaint stands. There's no good reason that the announcement should be audio only. There are LOTS of reasons a person might have their sound turned off. Maybe they're listening to music, maybe they're talking on the phone or to someone else in the car. Maybe their car makes a lot of road noise. Maybe they're focusing on something else at the moment the announcement is read. Maybe they're hard of hearing or deaf.

No navigation system I have ever seen "clams up" the way Waze does at the end of the trip. And I think a quick search around the forums will show that many other people have a problem with this behavior. I've even seen people reprimanded for posting complaints on this subject when threads already exist. It has been an issue for at least three years, how about devoting some time and attention to it instead of simply explaining it away?
metafarion

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests