Destination info at arrival

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Destination info at arrival

Postby subs5 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:35 pm

I have sounds on and not just alerts, but it doesn't always say what side. Could it be that the street address has to be set within Waze and not just using lat/long from a search engine?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MGODLEW » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:00 pm

Waze does not tell you which side of the street your destination is on (left vs. right) at this time. It will display a flag at the designated point of your destination. IF... And I stress IF, you have "Sounds on" Waze will say "Arriving at xxxxxx." or "You've arrived at your destination." Mind you, there are 3 different sound options in Waze. 1.) Sounds On 2.) Alerts Only 3.) Sounds Off. The other options are self explanatory, Alerts Only will only sound for Road Hazards/Alerts & Sounds Off will not sound at all.
[ img ]
Rank 6 US Champ, Beta Tester & iOS Beta Leader | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 9.0.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby bummerdude69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:07 pm

If there are PLR mapped it might tell you to turn off a street, but otherwise....
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

side of road location is on

Postby CarlosRickman » Fri May 15, 2015 9:28 pm

I love this app and generally use it for all of my navigation needs, but I hate when I am using it for a new location specifically in a city type environment. It would be a nice little touch to the app if as the final step it told us the side of the road the location is on. It would be specifically very helpful for those locations right after a turn if we could see the side of the road it's on in the preview steps section. I know most other good map apps have this feature but I like the community base on this one so I would rather not have to use those at all.
CarlosRickman

Re: side of road location is on

Postby retrocruizer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:52 am

I really want to address this topic. I have used several other forms of GPS. I switched because you have a much better way of avoiding traffic. Your downfall and what I like about other GPS systems is the early warning notification if the destination is on the left or th.e right instead "you have arrived". So like in 1/2 mile your destination is on the left. In 1000 feet, your destination is on the left. In 25 feet, your destination is on the left. You have arrived.

If you ever do big city driving you know that traffic can be crazy. There are a lot of very busy roads that 2 lanes each way with a turning lane in the middle. I need to be paying attention to traffic and what everyone else is doing not what side of the street my desitInation is on if I have never been there before. Trying to hop across the street at the last minute can be next to impossible. Having an early notification will allow me and other drivers to get into the proper lane ahead of time with having to do a yank in front or acrobatic work without trying to get to our destination.

Will you please consider doing an early warning destination system instead of you have arrived?

retrocruizer
retrocruizer

Re: side of road location is on

Postby amazing3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:25 am

CarlosRickman wrote:I love this app and generally use it for all of my navigation needs, but I hate when I am using it for a new location specifically in a city type environment. It would be a nice little touch to the app if as the final step it told us the side of the road the location is on. It would be specifically very helpful for those locations right after a turn if we could see the side of the road it's on in the preview steps section. I know most other good map apps have this feature but I like the community base on this one so I would rather not have to use those at all.

The Google Maps application tells you your destination is on the left or right side of the road.
amazing3

Navigate to specific side of the street

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:33 pm

There are many situations where I want to navigate to a destination, but make sure I am on a specific side of the street (kid drop-offs...etc). I would love an option to specify which side of the street. The option could come when you 'review' the time/distance of a route before you press GO and it has a side of street toggle (like with reports) and the default can be set to BOTH.
[ img ]
Area Manager: New York / New Jersey (in USA)
Wajo357

Destination position on the road

Postby Waz2Go » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:40 am

The difference between WAZE, Google Map/Garmin is that WAZE doesn't tell me if the destination is on the left/right of the road. And I hate the announcement "you'll arrive at ..." I almost stomp my brake every time I heard this as I thought I'm there.
Waz2Go

Show destination address (and side of street)

Postby neoIDjoe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:14 pm

I saw this posted a couple years ago but nothing came of it so I'm posting my own request.

I rather dislike the large unpopulated photo at the top of my ios screen taking place of what needs to be persistently presented in that slot, namely the Address Number and Side of Street my destination is on.

I dislike having to exit Waze to find the street number I was driving to. Anyone else have this issue?

As for the dead photo placeholder, if Google owns Waze, why can't all photos be populated with Street View photos?
neoIDjoe

Re: Show destination address (and side of street)

Postby csonis » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:18 am

I too have always wondered why this feature wasn't standard. Is the place I'm looking for on the left side? Right side? Arggh.
csonis

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests