Destination info at arrival

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Destination on right or left

Postby toolhutracer1 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 pm

All other GPS has this. I travel extensively and have to use Waze and something else to prevent turning around
toolhutracer1

Re: Destination on right or left

Postby rrjoel » Fri May 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Most GPS apps tell you when you reach your destination if it is on right or left. WAZE does not. Why?
rrjoel

Destination left or right

Postby rrjoel » Fri May 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Most GPS apps tell you when you reach your destination if it is on right or left. WAZE does not. Why?
rrjoel

Destination side (left/right)

Postby manomintis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to make Waze mention which side of the road destination is, or should I create a new feature request? :) Example: "You're arriving to destination, on the right". At least Garmin does this, very helpful. Building numbers are not always visible, especially they are difficult to read when you're concentrated on driving. Some objects are not even possible to recognize by number. Thanks.
manomintis

Re: Destination info at arrival

Postby subs5 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:09 pm

MGODLEW wrote:Waze does not tell you which side of the street your destination is on (left vs. right) at this time. It will display a flag at the designated point of your destination. IF... And I stress IF, you have "Sounds on" Waze will say "Arriving at xxxxxx." or "You've arrived at your destination." Mind you, there are 3 different sound options in Waze. 1.) Sounds On 2.) Alerts Only 3.) Sounds Off. The other options are self explanatory, Alerts Only will only sound for Road Hazards/Alerts & Sounds Off will not sound at all.

For all of the recent posts. Please see the above which was posted last year. There is a visual cue of a checkered flag if the spot has been added to Waze or using an imported lat/long from Google, Foursquare, etc...
Hope it helps. :)
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Destination on which side of road

Postby CorChap » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:35 am

It would be nice if Waze would tell you which side of the road your destination is on and update the marker icon accordingly. In busy areas it's hard to find places when you have to search both sides of the road for the destination.
CorChap

Left/Right Side indication for Final Destination

Postby Nickster76 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Hello, I'm not sure if the creators of waze look at these posts; first of all, I've been using this app for upwards of 3 years now, best GPS period. I had a few Garmins, by far, hands down way better/acurate/"free", bottom line, love, love, love waze, ty ty ty. To the creators, would it be at all difficult to add an indication with the voice prompts for it to say for example: In a 1/2 of a miles you will arrive at you location, "on the right/left"? If not, it's quite okay, still the best GPS ever and I'll be a lifetime user for sure either way.

:)

Thanks,
Nick
Nickster76

Postby vince1612 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:02 pm

You need to upvote features in the suggestion box:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... estination
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby usa_xisc0vh4 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 am

I drive for a bus company us there any way to program it to ensure that the routes will make me end on the right side??
usa_xisc0vh4

Postby vince1612 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:47 pm

usa_xisc0vh4 wrote:I drive for a bus company us there any way to program it to ensure that the routes will make me end on the right side??

Hi, no there isn't.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests