Android: autozoom by speed on rural roads zooms out too far

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android: autozoom by speed on rural roads zooms out too

Postby st0ff » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Another sorry for bumping ...

55mph is like 90kph - for Germany this is less than the speed you may travel outside of any city limits (there's a limit of 100kph, which is around 60mph). You may be on any of "Bundesstraße"(minor highway),"Landstraße"(primary street), "Kreisstraße"(street) and lower.

So maybe this "zoom out max" should be a setting the user may set. Actually I had to find out that the zoom-settings are based on the speed "number" that is displayed. So I get a full zoom-out even in town, as we may drive 50kph here and waze thinks I'm traveling at 50mph (which would be 1.6 times as fast).

Coders: please add an option to define the speed at which waze has zoomed out to the max, please add a second option to define the speed for maximum zoom-in
Wazing with a JellyBeanCannon (Android 4.1.2) on a stoneold Motorola Defy @1,2GHz
st0ff

Previous

Return to Waze App