Option to pause audio during voice annunciations

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Option to pause audio during voice annunciations

Postby rossi141 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 am

I would also like this - I spend my life driving and listening to audiobooks. This is the only feature that keeps me using Navigon. Navigon does a little more than a simple pause, however. It pauses and rewinds a couple of seconds. Is this the official place to ask for features? If so, how do we know if/when this feature will be allowed in?
rossi141

Postby Scott216 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:15 pm

I'll add my vote for this feature.
Scott216

Postby OldGnome » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:51 pm

If the pause is programmed in, it should be an option. I am a musician and my Garmin regularly drove me crazy while listening to music because it would interrupt the music, instead of overriding the audio.
OldGnome

Postby BraveJhawk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm

(Yet) another podcast listener that would like a pause option for other audio during TTS. This would GREATLY enhance the experience-especially if it supports third-party apps (through a standard API). Even streaming from a website alles for pause unless it is live-streaming.
BraveJhawk

Postby wlbaird » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:42 am

Another podcast listener who would love this feature to be added to th iOS app.

Thanks for explaining how to evoke this feature with the MotionX app.
wlbaird

Postby Galfridus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 am

I would like to see this added as well. In particular, I use the iOS client, with my iPhone connected to my car's audio via audio cable. I would like Waze to be able to pause music/podcasts when playing own audio, rather than lowering the volume and continuing on.
Galfridus

Postby marneysdad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Another podcast listener who would love this feature to be added to the iOS client.
marneysdad

Postby erkman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:55 pm

AlpacaLips wrote:Ditto. This is such a basic feature need, which as previously noted other nav apps handle well. I have Navigon, and though I paid big bucks for it (for an iPhone app), I would probably dump it in a heartbeat in favor of waze if this were fixed. I almost never drive without listening to some form of spoken audio content, which is impossible to use with waze's constant voiceovers in nav mode. This feature of waze is therefore currently useless to me.

Pause the audio, please!

Agreed again, my particular commute has one of the worst corridors of traffic in the US. I get many reports each way, between accidents, police, cars on the side of the road, it gets really REALLY irritating when trying to listen to my audio book (the only thing that keeps my sanity in the first place)
erkman

Postby jawbreaker1222 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:20 pm

+1 It can be hard to hear the nav instructions over the music sometimes and I end up having to always look at the directions visually.
jawbreaker1222

Postby AlpacaLips » Mon May 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Ditto. This is such a basic feature need, which as previously noted other nav apps handle well. I have Navigon, and though I paid big bucks for it (for an iPhone app), I would probably dump it in a heartbeat in favor of waze if this were fixed. I almost never drive without listening to some form of spoken audio content, which is impossible to use with waze's constant voiceovers in nav mode. This feature of waze is therefore currently useless to me.

Pause the audio, please!
AlpacaLips

Next

Return to Waze App