speed limit of the road on the map

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: speed limit of the road on the map

Postby floppyrod84 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Yeah, simple way to not get caught is to be a safe and observant driver ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Lol good reply though!

floppyrod84

Postby floppyrod84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Again, that's not what is being said here. ALERTS ONLY!

floppyrod84

Postby floppyrod84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:25 am

You're not reading what's been said and confusing the point.
A simple alert when you are over the speed limit has nothing whatsoever to do with average speeds and the way waze works and calculates routes, it would purely be as an alert, nothing else. Why are people misunderstanding that?

That's what he means.

floppyrod84

Postby floppyrod84 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 am

Don't get me wrong either, it'd be a nice feature to have for some, but I think you're asking for something a little different.
How about forgetting the average for that 10 min slice and say whether a road is slow on average for that road in total, like Google maps traffic layer. Is that what you mean?
That would be pretty nice. Or even a notification like a speed camera, but for a change in speed? There are easier ways to do it I suppose :-)

floppyrod84

Postby floppyrod84 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 am

+1 it needs too much work to implement, and time that could be better spent giving a more useful base service!

floppyrod84

speed limit of the road on the map

Postby dsaville75 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:28 pm

I just started using Waze and it is the greatest navagation app I have used. I searched the settings but did not see an option to have the speed limit of the road you are traveling displayed on the map it shows my speed. Is there a way to enable that or is that currently under development.

If this question has been posted before my appologies.
dsaville75

Re: Re: Re: speed limit of the road on the map

Postby dmcconachie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:36 pm

bgodette wrote:
gkpdx wrote:
xteejx wrote:Who is going to pay for this data that has already been collected? Plus the licensing issues, and who would own the data after its been updated etc?

Suppose another company owns rights to a suitable dataset, is willing to license it and wants money. Then the clever negotiating initiative may be to use Waze’ rapidly growing user base and its unique, easy and fun, user-driven update model to arrive at a mutually beneficial ongoing agreement that would produce a "best in class" feature for both companies.
Just like GasBuddy partnered with Waze to grow their base and coverage... oh wait...

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.

And WhatGas over here... No... Wait

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby CBenson » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:38 pm

hohum3001 wrote:I've read a lot of posts here & I have this to say: most people seem to want speed limit information. I think the argument about whether to have it or why is null & void; it'll eventually be a part of waze.

Aside from the obvious convenience of having something beeping at me if I'm watching the road instead of the speedo and going to fast, personally I'd like to see what the speed limit should be for the following reasons:

With all due respect I find your reasons to be misguided. Waze is designed to use actual speed data. I think it would be a mistake to rely on user inputs of government set speeds instead of this real data that waze collects.

hohum3001 wrote:1) traffic is travelling at <x>% of the speed limit. e.g. 25 miles per hour in a 55 miles per hour zone is slow; 25 miles an hour in 30 miles an hour is normal

Under this theory practically all roads leaving Washington, DC at 5:00 PM will be marked slow. I just don't find it useful to have the entire map marked slow.
hohum3001 wrote:2) major routes - do they scew the data any? If I travel a parking-lot road during peak @ 2am, it's going to be FAST because nobody's on it. In truth I don't know if waze accounts for periods in the day - if it doesn't it should.

Waze does account for periods in the day.
hohum3001 wrote:3) a "if there were no traffic on the road, this way would be fastest" route could be offered
Again, I think this option would be better if based on real speed data than if based on speed limit data.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby CBenson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 am

Well, the wazer that gets the ticket can correct the speed limit on the map. Just like providing the jam data to the wazer behind you when you get caught in the jam.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App