Too many incident reports

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Too many incident reports

Postby Mirarkitty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 pm

I would like to only see the ones on or near (road-wise near!) my route.

But I'd also like to stop it from doing anything just because I'm standing still for about 30 seconds. Can that time-limit be increased in the options?
Mirarkitty

Postby OldGnome » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:22 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:I have to say, these incident notifications could very well be a pilot for location-based advertising, like say, offers from nearby businesses or upcoming ones along your route. I certainly hope not, but in all fairness, that would be one heck of a cash cow, and increasing socially-based revenues is a stated priority of Waze...

You haven't seen the Dunkin Donuts locations in Waze?
OldGnome

Postby PaintManNO » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 am

It also depends on whether you're in an urban or rural area. 5 or 10 miles may not seem like too much when you're in the middle of Nowhereville. And you can still get bombarded with a 2 mile radius in a large city during rush hour.
Eddie P.
Country Manager: USA
Area Manager: Southern Louisiana, including New Orleans & Baton Rouge
PaintManNO

Postby PhantomSoul » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 pm

I have to say, these incident notifications could very well be a pilot for location-based advertising, like say, offers from nearby businesses or upcoming ones along your route. I certainly hope not, but in all fairness, that would be one heck of a cash cow, and increasing socially-based revenues is a stated priority of Waze...
Wazing the Garden State... one jughandle at a time.
AM: New Jersey, LEVEL 5
AT&T iPhone 5 / iOS 7.1 / Waze 3.7.8
PhantomSoul
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby PinballRob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:27 am

I am new to Waze, but so far, I am loving it. One thing that I have noticed, is that I get many incident reports that are very far away (many miles away), and not even on my route.

Is there a way to limit event notifications only to those on the route?

Rob
PinballRob

Postby PinballRob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 pm

I looked for that setting, and I did have it set for 5 miles. Seems like too much information. Maybe they can come up with a a setting of 2 miles or something. Thank you for your help.

Rob
PinballRob

Postby PinballRob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:39 pm

I think that is also what I am seeing. In any event, the notifications are often showing me information that is not relevant to the trip I am taking.

Rob
PinballRob

Postby pogglywoggly » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 am

Another vote for route only or disabling feature it causes me to miss turns right after traffic lights occasionally
pogglywoggly

Postby reflon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Even set at 5 miles I get reports that sometimes ten miles plus away that aren't even on my route.
reflon

Postby reflon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 pm

gettingthere wrote:It is believed that the radius limit is x miles from anywhere on your route. So in reality you will see events more than x miles from your current location.

There are lots of requests to filter to only on route. Waze has stated that they will add this filter in the future...

If that's the case then they need to specify that and explain that to everyone. I've noticed that a lot of things people put on here aren't that well explained our they are at all. A lot of the stuff in the wiki is either wrong or missing info. I've tried to info there without any luck. I know waze is free and understand that and they are working to make it better but at the same time they need to get some things fixed like the wiki so new and even seasoned wazers can find answers to a lot easier and that maybe a lot of people wouldn't be posting so many things on here. All they gotta do is when they work on a feature is either during or when it's finished is to write up a manual for the wiki on that particular feature then post it. I don't think it's that hard. That way they will never forget to put something in the wiki.
reflon

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App