Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze Groups

Post by leocylau
Just a curiosity. Anyone uses waze groups frequently? Why you use it for? And why don't you use it?
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:524814

Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by cherianchris
At the very outset, apologies for the delayed response.

I use Waze Groups to have a badge on my Waze Avatar.

The main purpose of Groups in the app AFAIK is
1. to help groups of Wazers who commute between fixed locations in the city. That way, they get traffic reports which pop up, from their group, as soon as a group member places a report on the map.(Settings-> Social Networks-> Groups).

2. for users who have to commute through known traffic bottlenecks within the city.

When I was in Bangalore, I created a Group called Waze Bikers, but it does not show up when I search for it, here in Chennai. I believe that Groups have been designed by Waze to help, groups of users within cities, and not on a National scale. I've had to create a new Group for each city of India I've stayed in.

Over the last six months, I have noticed that newbie users, cannot joining groups, which are created in another part of the country. The main reason I discovered, was the problem of them not being to join my main group even though the badge shows on my profile. This problem has been reported to support and I'm hoping Waze are able to change the initial plan they had for Groups.

Chris
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png