Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Extend "Not There, Thanks" notification time.

Post by cklosowski
Quite often while driving on the highway during my commute, I'll get notices of Hazards or Police, and the notification will show with at "Not There" or "Thank" button as well as the distance until the reported item. This is very helpful, however this notification ends up with a countdown timer that typically gets rid of the notification prior to arriving at the item. In heavy traffic, this means I'm sometimes not at the reported item before the alert goes away, causing me to not be able to thank or report the item is cleared.

I think this notification should stay until you are passed the item, or extend the time it automatically goes away.

I'm on the latest iOS version.
cklosowski

POSTER_ID:1014957

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I still wonder if this is app-specific. After I pass any hazard, police report, etc, the app gives a countdown timer of something like 12 seconds. That's plenty of time to tap Not There or Thanks. Any further away and the report is not in the right place, should be removed, and a properly located one added.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
The alert is based on distance to the location where the report was filed & will only start the countdown to automatically close after you physically pass the reported GPS location. I've had the distance count down, then count up, and then back down when the report is on the highway I'm about to get on, but I have to travel past the report to get on the highway from a surface street.

What's happening to you is that other users aren't reporting things where they actually are - you should press the report button at the location as that is when Waze stores the GPS location & time.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bigbear3764
The other side of the coin, people complain that it is too long and blocks their screen.

Think you might find this is a 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by bw32205
klevitt wrote:I have found many times where I was waiting to see if the problem still existed. Just as I get to the point on the highway (at 60-70 mph) where I am sure I can verify the problem has gone away, the message disappears and I can not report that fact.
This happens to me too! In our city (Jacksonville, FL) there's a lot of construction going on, so sometimes we cannot see around a bend to where a purported incident should be.

Then, too, I think it would be very useful to also have the "NOT THERE" function on ALL incidents!
bw32205
Send a message

Post by GPS-Ken
I have found many times where I was waiting to see if the problem still existed. Just as I get to the point on the highway (at 60-70 mph) where I am sure I can verify the problem has gone away, the message disappears and I can not report that fact.
GPS-Ken
Send a message