Wazing abroad

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Wazing abroad

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:12 pm

philpar wrote:is there still no solution to this issue? I am using one account on two phones: one in US and one in France. I cannot combine the points. It's not good.

You can use one account, but they are different points and will be until Waze decides they have time to work on a view which combines them. It is a really low priority.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Your username will work on both servers (US & ROTW), but your points will be kept separate (If this is a one time trip, you may be able to get Support to transfer your points after your trip is complete). It appears that Waze is currently merging the ROTW & Israel infrastructures. The Israel server is the one that didn't share accounts (usernames) with the other infrastructure.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Wazing abroad

Postby BelGufo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 pm

From what I've been able to find on the website, my understanding is that if I drive outside the U.S. and Canada I can't earn points for my U.S. user name and can either waze as a guest or, if I want to earn points, can go to the world server (except for Israel, which has its own) and join with a new and different user name. So I would in effect be participating as two different people.

Can someone please confirm or correct that?
BelGufo

Postby BelGufo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:06 am

Well, I guess that tells us!

For what it's worth -- obviously not a whole lot in the higher echelons of Wazedom -- I drove quite a bit in Italy last spring. I used the app but, because the point didn't count, less than I do in the US; and it seemed to me that the level of acceptance there was much lower than back here. Very few icons on the roads, very few reports of road conditions, and almost no gas-price reporting: typically my prices weren't posted "pending confirmation" from others. At that rate, if and when the confirmation ever came, the price would likely have changed.

It seems to me that it would help build usage in countries such as Italy to encourage American Wazers to make ourselves visible, posting reports etc. as we do back home. But that's just my two centesimi.

I'll be' over there again in a few weekend and will be' interested to see whether usage has increased in the intervening four months.
BelGufo

Postby philpar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:39 pm

is there still no solution to this issue? I am using one account on two phones: one in US and one in France. I cannot combine the points. It's not good.
philpar

Return to Waze App