اَلأُرْدُنّ
Post by skubko
Thanks, fixed. Can you also please unlock these segments? The road 35 is wrongly set here. According to Google Maps it continues different way and these segments should not be 35. I will change them to Primary Street and will mark 35 correctly and set that one as Minor Highway.
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
sh-oded wrote:You should not use info from other maps, unless it is explicitly allowed. It is a copyright issue.
Beside, it may be wrong ...
You may use the street view info.
At 3 now. But consider the above.
Well, I did not check Copyright of Google maps, but I can only assume it is fine with waze as both map engines cooperates with each other sharing all kinds of information since Google bought Waze.

Anyway, in this case I cannot be sure what data is correct, I checked also openstreetmaps and also bing maps. Bing is slightly different, but google & openstreet are almost similar. It is always a question what is the best source of information for road network in Jordan. I have asked this in this thread and I got only one reply saying that it could be google maps. Unfortunately, I cannot use street view as it is not available here.

In information like this I trust google over bing & other map sources, but if you want, I can keep it the way it is now in Waze and will not change anything there... As yes, we cannot be apparently sure what is the correct road here. I would be really glad if someone could point me to some reliable source of information for Jordan... I checked also wiki, highways are there, but their shape is not clear enough to know what is the correct direction they continue. Maybe there is some local road network information?...
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
sh-oded wrote:
skubko wrote:Well, I did not check Copyright of Google maps, but I can only assume it is fine with waze as both map engines cooperates with each other sharing all kinds of information since Google bought Waze.
It may look as a reasonable assumption, but we are not familiar with all the legal details.

I think we should keep it as it is. Maybe we'll get a UR .... someday ....
Well, it is not just about having different "colour" on the map, as you know, waze prefers routing via Major/Minor highways and therefore I wanted to fix this as apparently, 35 ends here in the city of Irbid, but it actually finishes up to the North close to the border with Syria, but waze does not know that yet. Not only according to google, but also on wikipedia, where yes, you may say it is not reliable source either, but without information like this, waze map here will never reflect the real situation... But ok, if you want to keep it the way it is, I will sadly not touch it.
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
The first one can be locked back.

Can you please check the second link one more time? For me it is selected correctly and not all segments were unlocked. Thanks.
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
Hi guys,

can you please unlock segments below in order to connect new roads and split the highway into two lanes?

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Thanks.
Martin
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
sh-oded wrote:
skubko wrote:Hi guys,

can you please unlock segments below in order to connect new roads and split the highway into two lanes?

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Thanks.
Martin
All at 3
Thank you, you can lock all of it back if necessary. Also, here are two unnecessary nodes, I am not able to delete them, probably because the connected segment is L4, can you please do that?

Thanks.
Martin
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
sh-oded wrote: When editing, I suggest to lock (3) nearby segments. Especially in junctions.
Thanks
Thanks, I am always locking all connected junctions in case they are bigger (more significant) and roundabouts. What junctions did you have in mind here?
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message