Road Type (Curacao)

Post by DennisChirino
Dear Curacao wazers,

I have been thinking about the road type system of waze and the roads we have here in Curacao. In my opinion we don't have any highways in curacao, because every "highway" has stoplights at almost every cross street. And weg naar westpunt witch can be considered as a highway, has just one lane for each direction and a lot of cross streets too.

So i am suggesting for us to come together and decide what we gonna do about this, for example make every "highway" minor highway, for example: Emancipatie Boulevard, Schottegatweg and nijlweg. (since these are like the biggest roads, 2-3 lanes) and make the rest like weg naar westpunt, helmin magno wiels boulevard,winston churchil weg, santa rosa weg etc. Primary Streets, since these are connection to many other major roads and primary streets in Curacao.

Please let me know what you guys think about this and share your thoughts so we can make a decision.

I don't know for sure but maybe this can help improve the navigation as well, since the navigation always looks for higher rank roads, its not really using the right "hanchies" to calculate the fastest road.

Drive Safe,

Dennis
DennisChirino

POSTER_ID:16894917

Send a message
The Inspectors | Curacao

Taking care of the streets of Curacao.

Post by timmie__
I think the road type we are using now at Curaçao shouldn't change. I know it isn't a real highway but you should be navigated to this roads because there are getting lesser penalty points. It is not based on how many cross roads or traffic lights
timmie__
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Edits: 100k+ | Level: 4 | RM: Nothing at the moment
Wiki: https://wiki.waze.com