Informacja dotycząca zmian w wyszukiwarce:
krankyd wrote:Here's what we have today in search:
1. You enter a query string - Waze will try to see if it matches any logic of 'address' and only do an address search;
2. Run an address (geocoding) search and location business (POI) search; get results from both engines. The default POI engines are different in some countries, but for most of them we use Bing local.
3. If we have answers from both engines, decide which one is better; we check for perfect match to the query string. If the match is perfect on both, POI search will win. If there's a partial match on both, POI search will win.
And here's what we are changing:
3. If we have answers from both engines, decide which one is better; if one is clearly better than the other (i.e. perfect match vs. partial match, or partial match vs. no match at all), choose the better answer.
4. If there's a partial match on both (most cases), check for exact match of specific words that are not a city name from the search query and the first result on both the geocoding and POI search. Who ever has more matches to the words from the original query will win.