Wrong driving direction on Toruńska (again)

Post by lhurgoyf21
Hello,

Few times i saw the same wrong driving direction on Toruńska, someone know how to correct this ?
Instead of driving straight, it propose to take the exit ramp and then the ramp to enter again on S8...

i attach screenshot also

Dzieki
lhurgoyf21

POSTER_ID:7785436

Send a message
Attachments

Post by berestovskyy
Hi!
Here is a couple of suggestions:
  1. As a rule, Waze avoids such detours, but all the segments must be named properly for this mechanism to work.
  2. Try again later since those segments were updated quite recently and Livemap still shows some of them named "Torunska, S8".
  3. Contact pedroz666. He's updating those segments, so he must have a clue.
Ciao!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Since 2011 Waze supports a mechanism to avoid offramp detours. Here is the link to krankyd post. You can wait for avg speed to update, or you just name Highway properly, for instance:

S8, No City, Poland
Alt: E67, No City

and Waze should avoid offramp detours unless such a detour saves you several minutes.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by oscarek
It doesn't has to be an error. Waze calculates routes based on avg speeds on roads, also ramps. In this case where could be that avg speed for exit ramp is higher than on S8 here. Also note that this part of Torunska is brand new and I think it was edited recently, so avg speeds can be based on very few data from wazers.

There are places in Warsaw where Waze is routing you out of the main road and than back and believe me, it's faster in most cases :) Here is an example: https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&l ... TTTFTTTTFT
oscarek
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Poland - Warsaw & Radom
Area Manager: Radom