New WME version v2.4-21

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby Jakflash » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:52 pm

DrDisaster wrote:
KC-Guardrail wrote:Any thoughts about allowing us to make a L1 editor trusted, once we know they have the hang of URs?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Then just manually promote them locally to L2.


Agree.
- Gary / Jakflash

USA Champ, Country Manager, SM Florida,
AM GA, AL, TX, NY, & PR


[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Southeast/FL/GA/AL Wiki | New Editor Welcome | Incorrect Edits
Jakflash
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
 
Posts: 3334
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm
Location: Edgewater, FL and Lampasas, TX
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 2575 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby dude495 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:14 pm

DrDisaster wrote:
KC-Guardrail wrote:Any thoughts about allowing us to make a L1 editor trusted, once we know they have the hang of URs?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Then just manually promote them locally to L2.



I also agree with this idea and the new permissions. This will also help promote the use of the Mentoring program for newer editors, and bring those lower ranking editors into the community to work together.
Dan B - New York State Manager - Pakistan Countrywide Area Manager
Member of the NY Closure Team
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor


[ img ]
dude495
State Manager
State Manager
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:05 am
Location: Upstate, New York
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby DwarfLord » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 pm

Huge thanks for the UR-closing restriction to L2+!

As it happens, I proposed this 3 and a half years ago. After a year with no traction I was discouraged. After two years I was frustrated and depressed. The third year I became resigned and fatalistic. After that I went into a bit of a decline.*

Anyway it's wonderful to see this happen!

* RIP Douglas Adams, where-ever you are.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:01 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California USA
Has thanked: 1020 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby orbitc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:13 am

DwarfLord wrote:Huge thanks for the UR-closing restriction to L2+!

As it happens, I proposed this 3 and a half years ago. After a year with no traction I was discouraged. After two years I was frustrated and depressed. The third year I became resigned and fatalistic. After that I went into a bit of a decline.*

Anyway it's wonderful to see this happen!

* RIP Douglas Adams, where-ever you are.


That's actually quite fast in terms of waze time ;)
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
WME | USA | MapRaid!
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider
 
Posts: 6414
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 pm
Location: USA
Has thanked: 2513 times
Been thanked: 6448 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby CoolCityCat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:22 am

dBsooner wrote:Thank you for the new permissions update!

Has it been considered to have junction boxes lowered from 5 to 4 (maybe 3?)? I thought in the ROW servers, JB's were lower ranked, or able to be set lower.


ROW user here. R4 can see and tinker with the JB option, but can't save them (yet).
[ img ][ img ][ img ]

Local Champ - Malaysia | Country Manager - Malaysia
Beta Tester - RBS, WME & Android | Localizer - Bahasa Malaysia (ms-MY)

Send me a Telegram or a Tweet
Join me on WazeMY FB | WazeBORNEO FB
CoolCityCat
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm
Location: Sarawak (Malaysian Borneo)
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby DCLemur » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:55 am

That is great news on UR closures!
DCLemur
State Manager
State Manager
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby masrinb » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 am

Thank you for the new update.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
WazeBORNEO
WazeMY
AM for Sandakan, Sabah, MY
masrinb
Map Raider
Map Raider
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:04 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby Glodenox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:51 pm

I just had a report from a level 1 user who gets the message he needs to be level 3 before he can manage the UR. Either the text is wrong (adding a level to the normalized level instead of the 0-based level?) or there's an additional rule for managing URs outside of the management area. I'm a bit hesitant to create a bug topic about this as I'm not certain whether there actually is a bug.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:04 pm
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 365 times
Been thanked: 1019 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby delilush » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Glodenox wrote:I just had a report from a level 1 user who gets the message he needs to be level 3 before he can manage the UR. Either the text is wrong (adding a level to the normalized level instead of the 0-based level?) or there's an additional rule for managing URs outside of the management area. I'm a bit hesitant to create a bug topic about this as I'm not certain whether there actually is a bug.

Please open a bug.
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:18 am
Location: Waze HQ
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3843 times

Re: New WME version v2.4-21

Postby Glodenox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Ok, will do.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:04 pm
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 365 times
Been thanked: 1019 times

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users